Olympic Athlete Set On Fire In Kenya, Is There A Pattern?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.376550
Referral Credit
According to the report, Uganda's Olympic marathon runner Rebecca Cheptege who competed at the Paris Olympics is fighting for her life in Kenya. The athlete was reportedly set on fire by her boyfriend.

The report said that Rebecca was living in Kenya to make use of the training facilities. The athlete suffered extensive burns and is currently being treated in Eldoret. Cheptege isn't the first female athlete to have been targeted.

In addition, Kenya has a history of female athletes being attacked. From Damaris Mutua to Agnes Tirop, Kenya has seen a massive rise in femicide. Why are female athletes being attacked in a country of champions?

The athlete was set on fire by her boyfriend because of a land dispute. How sad love turned sour because of greed.
Watch the full coverage of the report via the YouTube link. Report from FirstPost America.

This is very sad . I read about this yesterday. This is really heart boggling how a supposedly lover can be this mean
I hope that girl survives from the attack. What a cruel boyfriend. Her boyfriend learned about the money of the girl which is why he wanted to kill her.

If she does survive, I doubt she would be able to continue her career. This is really a very sad news.
Yes, it is unfortunate, it was an act of cruelty to someone you love. I hope she will survive despite she cannot anymore be an Olympian.

Well, it has been announced that she didn't make it and she is dead. Rest in peace to her
Oh my God, what a pity. She might have a happy plan for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics. I'm so sorry for her loss 😥.

13,267Threads
99,365Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member