One common reasons why most friendship fails?

eLdavis

Media Lab Marketing Team (Digital Promoters)
Staff member
Digital Promoter
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.515425
Referral Credit
Today we have a lot of friendships that have failed, some lasted for years and no one would have even guessed it would one day end badly. I think one common reason to this is lack of communication. As we grow older we are faced with life realities, due to this we tend to drift apart from friends we made since childhood. What other reason would you add?

I think friendships don't last nowadays because we have become very materialistic. We now judge the value of friendship based on what we stand to gain from the friendship or not. And as soon as the friendship doesn't meet our ever changing needs and desires, we easily drop them.

Our lives are constantly changing. Maybe some friendships fail because both parties have different priorities in life.

I think friendships don't last nowadays because we have become very materialistic. We now judge the value of friendship based on what we stand to gain from the friendship or not. And as soon as the friendship doesn't meet our ever changing needs and desires, we easily drop them.
Your post is apt. I think this is where we gets it wrong. We are just about what we can gets from one another which is really wrong.

Your post is apt. I think this is where we gets it wrong. We are just about what we can gets from one another which is really wrong.
Nowadays, we don't even have family bonds any longer. And you won't blame anyone. Life is more difficult now and people are just looking for a way to survive. That is why they have become so materialistic.

Yes friendships often end due to difference in lifestyle and attitude towards life, people change as they grow older. Some people only want to be rich and famous, they have no morals or ethics.

I think friendship should be based on some common things, and if we don't have something in common then we really don't have anything to talk about and to meet, so we stop that friendship eventually, but if we have something in common and we will talk about that thing and the friendship will grow and will last longer.

One major reason most friendship fails is simply because of lack of interest and greediness. Whrn interest changes, it will be difficult to retain and agree on issues. For example, it will difficult for a married man to continue to be a friend to a bachelor the way they use to be before one of them get married. Once interest changes, relationship go sour.

I think it is a change of views. After all, everyone is our friend because we have something in common and we appreciate it together. However, when a person changes or finds new activities that are not of interest to the other person, friendship falls apart over time

Some friendships tend to wane over time as we all have our own lives to lead. Some people get married, some move to a different country, etc. However, there are those rare friendships that manage to survive despite the distance and time apart. These friends understand and accept that each has their priorities, and they stay connected even if they do not see each other for a long time.

13,113Threads
98,548Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member