Only 21% of Nigerian households are food secure

Augusta

Discussion Guru
Literary Virtuoso
Sep 29, 2023
D Bucks
💵1.503250
Referral Credit
A new report has emerged that only 21 per cent of Nigerian households are food secure.This newfindings is made known by National Food Consumption and Micronutrients Survey report

Further investigations show that 59 per cent of Nigerians are moderately food insecure and another 20 per cent are severely food insecure. in another report by
ene of the researchers, Dr Olarinwaju Isiaka said about 41.5% of the households in the country did not have money to buy food in the past 7 days preceding the survey, What do you think of this as a Nigerian?

Only a very minimal percentage people in your country food secured, however it's still good having 50 per cent in moderate state. Those in severe needs help to survive.

Only a very minimal percentage people in your country food secured, however it's still good having 50 per cent in moderate state. Those in severe needs help to survive.
Mate, it is survival of the fittest now. it id not easy at all for the common man. prices of things is just not it.

A new report has emerged that only 21 per cent of Nigerian households are food secure.This newfindings is made known by National Food Consumption and Micronutrients Survey report

Further investigations show that 59 per cent of Nigerians are moderately food insecure and another 20 per cent are severely food insecure. in another report by
ene of the researchers, Dr Olarinwaju Isiaka said about 41.5% of the households in the country did not have money to buy food in the past 7 days preceding the survey, What do you think of this as a Nigerian?
I think that the survey is wrong and did not get it right. The percentage of Nigerian households that are food secured is not up to 15%. The only group of people that are financially secured are politicians.

Mate, it is survival of the fittest now. it id not easy at all for the common man. prices of things is just not it.
The prices of all sorts here are above the neck. I can't almost believe that it's happening. The fruits I like to eat like apples, grapes, mangoes and melon are extremely expensive 😞. I also pity the sellers they're capitalising their business, they suffer too. I bought 1 half a kilo of ginger I was shocked of the price that I got back my money 🤣. The price a kilo is horrible at $ 10 🥵. I moved to the next seller the price is much lower at $5 a kilo. I was mad at the first seller and told them I'll report their scamming to the price council. She asked for forgiveness which I denied. I concluded that the sellers are abusing the customers.

I think that the survey is wrong and did not get it right. The percentage of Nigerian households that are food secured is not up to 15%. The only group of people that are financially secured are politicians.
LoL you are even helping them to reduce the surviving percentage you might be right. People are really suffering

LoL you are even helping them to reduce the surviving percentage you might be right. People are really suffering
It is the fault of your government for not giving action to people's woes and needs ,many years already.

There are a lot of people starving today. We have so many homes who have to beg others first before they can get their daily food.

There are a lot of people starving today. We have so many homes who have to beg others first before they can get their daily food.
This is a really sad reality I can't believe we were looking out for a better Nigeria now this?

This is a really sad reality I can't believe we were looking out for a better Nigeria now this?
It's well, I believe everything we be fine. Things will be better as long as we hold on to God.

The condition is somewhat alarming, but here in my country the food secured percentage is also moving towards downward. We are about to hit default but saved at border line.

• Like Button
Reactions: Augusta
Survey reports are at times misleading. But looking at the comments above, this one seems to indicate the sad reality of the country. We hear in Global news thsr people in Nigeria are suffering a lot because of corruption and bad politicians. It's a sad picture if so many people don't get the basic needs of food not met. Everything else needed for survival comes after your need for food is met. It's unfortunate.

Survey reports are at times misleading. But looking at the comments above, this one seems to indicate the sad reality of the country. We hear in Global news thsr people in Nigeria are suffering a lot because of corruption and bad politicians. It's a sad picture if so many people don't get the basic needs of food not met. Everything else needed for survival comes after your need for food is met. It's unfortunate.
Yeah this is the true picture for now. A lot of people are just going hungry as prices of things have sky rocketed

Yeah this is the true picture for now. A lot of people are just going hungry as prices of things have sky rocketed
That's a very unfortunate and sad state. My heart goes out for those people who have to go empty stomach or half filled stomach. Food is the basic right and need. Some welfare steps have to be taken by Government to help these people. In our country too, malnutrition has been an issue. And it has improved a lot with some schemes like free mid day meals for children in school. But then at times, corrupt politicians and people in power don't let these welfare schemes reach to people in need. That's pathetic.

That's a very unfortunate and sad state. My heart goes out for those people who have to go empty stomach or half filled stomach. Food is the basic right and need. Some welfare steps have to be taken by Government to help these people. In our country too, malnutrition has been an issue. And it has improved a lot with some schemes like free mid day meals for children in school. But then at times, corrupt politicians and people in power don't let these welfare schemes reach to people in need. That's pathetic.
Yeah right, corrupt politicians are just our problems here. They embezzle funds that are meant for the masses