Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵44.761325
Referral Credit
CryptoCrest of Prosperity NFT [Ultra Rare]
There are quite a few people out there that think that you shouldn't as parents, touch your kid. There are also those who don't do so, because their religious leaders told them not to give out typical discipline that some experienced when they were younger. While others don't do so, because they fear being reported for abusing their kids, when it really was just them needing to discipline their child.

What do you think? Should parents give out physical discipline? Or do you think telling kids to go to their room or the corner is good enough when they are young, and grounding them from doing things when they are older is sufficient? Maybe you think potentially explaining why doing something is bad, and then temporarily having them not be able to do things is the way to go.

Personally, I think that a swat on the bottom is good enough for kids up to a certain age, so long as it is not given in anger, and results in physically hurting the kid in the form of a bruise or a broken bone. Grounding has worked for the most part with me when i was growing up, and I don't mind the idea of doing so with my kids and my family kids, so long as the punishment of grounding is enforced adn recognized to be a good thing for the child, between the adults who are responsible.

No not in my country, where i am from all parents punish there childrens and that's because if childrens not well punished they may get evil and they will turn in to bad person so in order not to get that behavior childrens should be well controlled.

@Jenna Appleseed, since I have no context on the angry reaction, care to explain your thoughts on the subject matter?

I believe more in talking to the child than physical discipline. At least it does work for me. You need to make the child understand how they got it wrong and should stay away from such bad acts
I'm with you on this. I think talking to a child about discipline works. We should explain carefully to the child that what he or she did was wrong and make him understand the consequences of his or her action. However, if a child is very stubborn, I think it's time for a level-up discipline like grounding them or no video games for a month.

Constant communication with
@Jenna Appleseed, since I have no context on the angry reaction, care to explain your thoughts on the subject matter?
That member is rude she also rated me with an angry emoji and saw she rated a good writer member here with a thumbs down I already reported this member to the site owner.
About your post, it is also good to impose discipline on the kids not by hitting them physically but by showing them sample pictures of what would become of them once they grow big and continue making the same mistake, the kids will be afraid of doing bad again. Their minds are still empty like a blank sheet of paper, they need good things to feed their minds so when they grow what they learned will never depart from them. ( John Locke).

Over here in Africa it is pretty common to discipline your child even if it means being physical. Personally i see notting wrong in this. There are certain situations that requires certain from of discipline.

Over here in Africa it is pretty common to discipline your child even if it means being physical. Personally i see notting wrong in this. There are certain situations that requires certain from of discipline.
Agree with you there are kids that need that, but it's for their own good. They will grow with fear of committing a mistake. My father was doing that when we were kids and I was whipped by his belt and after that incident i never did wrong again. I broke our antique jar and dad got mad at me.I was 11 years old that time 😭.

Agree with you there are kids that need that, but it's for their own good. They will grow with fear of committing a mistake. My father was doing that when we were kids and I was whipped by his belt and after that incident i never did wrong again. I broke our antique jar and dad got mad at me.I was 11 years old that time 😭.
Lol i can imagine what it must have felt like for you back then. Anyways like you said there are times when what the child needs is for you to simply talk with them, then there are others where a little spanking is needed.

Lol i can imagine what it must have felt like for you back then. Anyways like you said there are times when what the child needs is for you to simply talk with them, then there are others where a little spanking is needed.
My dad didn't spank me but whipped by his belt 5 hits and my mom passed away when I was 6 years old🥲so she was not there to save me. That was an unforgettable experience of my life as a kid

The bible encourages parents to use physical discipline. Flogging is acceptable but care should be taken not to over do it. Parents should know moderation. Don't flog a child all the times and make sure you have told him several about his attitude or behavior before using cane.

I prefer not to resort to physical discipline when it comes to children. Instead, I believe in talking to them calmly. However, if a child becomes stubborn and does not obey, I will discipline them by confiscating their device. Moreover, I will restrict their playtime outdoors for a week or two. It depends.

13,105Threads
98,514Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member