Pastor in Lagos state, Nigeria suspend church offering due to economic hardship

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.877950
Referral Credit
A pastor in Lagos state has announced the suspension of offering collection in his church.
he said henceforth, offerings will no longer be collected because of the situation of the country and that it would be unfair to collect offerings from them.

He concluded by saying that until petrol price is reduced, there will be no collecting of money from its congregation.

What do you think?

That is a man of God who lives exemplary and truthful life. But he suppose to know that offering is not mandatory. There is no church that forces people to give offerings unless he force his congregation to give offerings.
Well, it is still good that he has conscience and know that people needs to not be forced even in this hard time

Collecting offerings is a common practice in some churches, with churchgoers contributing what they can. It is good to hear that the collection of offerings has been suspended due to the extremely challenging circumstances we are facing. He is concerned about thee welfare of people.

But the church needs a monetary support for the church to thrive. I feel the financial sufferings of the people in your country but those who have money may continue giving church' offerings to be blessed.
Yes, I support your notion mate. anyone that can still help the church can do so to get the blessings from God

Yes, I support your notion mate. anyone that can still help the church can do so to get the blessings from God
Definitely, God will bless those who are generous even a single vent, it is already very important for the church.

But the church needs a monetary support for the church to thrive. I feel the financial sufferings of the people in your country but those who have money may continue giving church' offerings to be blessed.
Exactly, in situations like this people tend to view things from one angle, but you have been able to look things from the point of the church as well. Giving offering is not mandatory, if you have to give, then give. If you don't no one would judge you.

Exactly, in situations like this people tend to view things from one angle, but you have been able to look things from the point of the church as well. Giving offering is not mandatory, if you have to give, then give. If you don't no one would judge you.
That's right, if by chance there's some money for church that's good but if none it's also understandable. The church will understand also.

That's right, if by chance there's some money for church that's good but if none it's also understandable. The church will understand also.
Yes, everyone just needs to understand. They would just help wherever they feel they should help

Yes, everyone just needs to understand. They would just help wherever they feel they should help
Yes, and some people are also doing it here in our church, they only attend the mass to pray and listen to the preachings of the priest.

Yes, and some people are also doing it here in our church, they only attend the mass to pray and listen to the preachings of the priest.
Yesh which are the most important thing though giving is good too. You would reap as you sow.

Yesh which are the most important thing though giving is good too. You would reap as you sow.
Yeah, but we cannot blame those who have nothing and will surely bless them for being faithful.

Yeah, but we cannot blame those who have nothing and will surely bless them for being faithful.
God always sees the heart and know that you don't have to give snd will bless you this way to help you to start giving

God always sees the heart and know that you don't have to give snd will bless you this way to help you to start giving
There was a time I forgot to bring money and I was so ashamed but it was not intentional. I asked God for forgiveness and doubled my offering the next week.

There was a time I forgot to bring money and I was so ashamed but it was not intentional. I asked God for forgiveness and doubled my offering the next week.
That's the way to go Mate. God that sees in the dark would understand it with you. So you would still be blessed

That's the way to go Mate. God that sees in the dark would understand it with you. So you would still be blessed
That's my first and last time nothing to offer to church in St. Augustine Cathedral. There are 10 scheduled masses every Sunday in this Catholic Church with 2000 capacity per mass.

13,200Threads
99,037Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member