PH buying 5 patrol boats from Japan for Coast Guard

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
The Ph government has agreed to buy five coast guard patrol ships from Japan, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Friday, as the country faces increasing Chinese aggression in the West Philippine Sea. Ph Foreign Secretary Enrique Manalo and Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines Endo Kazuya on Friday signed a P23.85-billion ($413.3 million) loan package under Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA), for the purchase of the boats as part of the Maritime Safety Capability Improvement Project of the Philippine Coast Guard.

The PCG, an attached agency of the Department of Transportation, has been at the forefront among the country’s law enforcement and security agencies in asserting Philippine sovereignty over the West Philippine Sea. With that mandate, the PCG continues to draw support from the country’s allies and also within the government.

1716103464531.png 1716103464531.png 1716103464531.png

Any thing that will help to safe guard people and give them.needed safety would be recommended by me
Just imagine the loan amount of the 5 ships billions and my country deposited 50 % of the deal. If only China not difficult to negotiate with our country may not sustain a huge debt.

I think it is a good investment, as it can help protect what is ours. It can be expensive, but worth it, for sure.
We are in uncertain situations this time with China .The Chinese vessels are so aggressive in harming the Ph vessels that do patrol. I am scared of te news. It did not happen like this when the Ph President was Duterte. Marcos is weak.

It did not happen like this when the Ph President was Duterte. Marcos is weak.
Duterte was, at least from the American side of the Pacific, a little too chummy with Xi Jinping and the Chinese government; Marcos, by contrast, hasn't let the Chinese bully them around so much; cases in point....

And of course if things God forbid turn hot....

tenor.gif

I think it is a good investment, as it can help protect what is ours. It can be expensive, but worth it, for sure.
The truth is that security is worth having anywhere. Though it does come at a high price but its benefits is always high too.

13,201Threads
99,061Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member