Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.095313
Referral Credit
Some of the local crypto exchanges are asking for photos of documents for kyc while others are accessing government records for direct verification without photos. Have you provided photos of your documents to crypto exchanges for KYC?

Yes, I have provided scanned copies of my documents to have my account verified by Binance and Yellowcard respectively. This is why I say that regulations are coming for crypto because everyone will have to adopt it. Even the blockchain can pretty much show the full trail of how the transaction has been going up until the last address that the money was deposited into. So crypto is anonymous but with the right jurisdiction, it is the most accurate to follow.

Some of the local crypto exchanges are asking for photos of documents for kyc while others are accessing government records for direct verification without photos. Have you provided photos of your documents to crypto exchanges for KYC?
I used my national identity card to verify my binance account with photos , while some crypto exchanges will require users to snap a picture of themself holding their verification document.

I do not want to upload the documents, because some powerful top officials may photoshop the documents and use their girlfriends photos on my documents to cause losses, take control of my account.

Each local crypto exchange has slightly different requirements, apart from email and telephone verification, we natives are prohibited from using a driver's license or passport so we have to use an ID card, there are even local exchanges that ask for information on the source of funds if we deposit large amounts.

Email and phone verification is not a major problem , even passport and taxid can be provided, only when the exchanges want photos it is a problem, since hackers can rob them. Why is passport not allowed for KYC?

It is what these exchanges are required by law to do. There is absolutely nothing out of place, as far as the exchange is a legit one like Binance.

It is what these exchanges are required by law to do. There is absolutely nothing out of place, as far as the exchange is a legit one like Binance.
But in reality, it can be difficult to understand if the exchange is really safe because some may pretend that they are a cool project in order to attract many users and then steal data. Although I do not know such cases yet

I also used my National Identity Card to verify my account on Binance. They require a valid government ID to have your account verified. And I trusted them enough to upload that.
In certain time they require proof of residency. You need bank statement in your name since proof of bill of water or electricity in name of your parents is not accepted.

12,039Threads
92,827Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member