Poetry writing is my thing

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
Poetry writing is my thing. When I'm feeling low I can write a good poem and when I'm mad I could write a poem about madness. I have written 800 poems and joined an international poetry contest. I'm still waiting for the result. Here's my poem for you.

CAGES AND CHAINS
You and I imprisoned in gilded cages
Where canaries chirped in a rhythm with a gyrating mass of inviting flesh
While a promise of love beckoned beyond the interlace of grills and vine leaves

Luke gluttons we devoured the prey inside our cages releasing the curse we have
Before the vultures descend and suck the blood from our veins
Then each to each hold on bodies entertwined
Spirits freed at last
Souls locked in irrevocable embrace
And then again perhaps we could call it quits
After having tried.

Poetry writing is my thing. When I'm feeling low I can write a good poem and when I'm mad I could write a poem about madness. I have written 800 poems and joined an international poetry contest. I'm still waiting for the result. Here's my poem for you.

CAGES AND CHAINS
You and I imprisoned in gilded cages
Where canaries chirped in a rhythm with a gyrating mass of inviting flesh
While a promise of love beckoned beyond the interlace of grills and vine leaves

Luke gluttons we devoured the prey inside our cages releasing the curse we have
Before the vultures descend and suck the blood from our veins
Then each to each hold on bodies entertwined
Spirits freed at last
Souls locked in irrevocable embrace
And then again perhaps we could call it quits
After having tried.
You are a good poet. I rarely write poems. I love writing stories.

You are a good poet. I rarely write poems. I love writing stories.
You may apply at Flash Fiction if you like to write short stories. The pay is right. I also write horror stories.

I don't think I am good in this field, I have a friend back then during my service year he was into writing poems too. It's a good skill.
You can develop this skill through constant reading of poetries and then write yours feel the beating of your heart and the power of your mind.

So how is your poetry writing going mate, we're you able to win the contest that you were part of a while back?
Sorry, mate, I forgot to tell you and everyone that I did not win and people around were amazed because the winner was an American also 2nd and 3rd. Americans, but the first judgment was, it was an African who won first place but in the second flash it was an American, so I no longer believed on sites like that. It was so clear, they are racists

Sorry, mate, I forgot to tell you and everyone that I did not win and people around were amazed because the winner was an American also 2nd and 3rd. Americans, but the first judgment was, it was an African who won first place but in the second flash it was an American, so I no longer believed on sites like that. It was so clear, they are racists
Sorry about that, this is one thing about some of these sites they discriminate a lot. But it was still good you tried out.

Sorry about that, this is one thing about some of these sites they discriminate a lot. But it was still good you tried out.
What I disliked was the information that the winner was an African and then when I read again it was replaced by an American. It's so devastating, her winning poem for me was a trash, too short didn't follow the regulations but why was she adjudged winner? I have read the the supposed winning piece of that African very nice, appealing, and emotive.

13,206Threads
99,079Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member