• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Post office time deposit

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.568550
Referral Credit
Are you familiar with or a depositor of a post office time deposit? Frankly, this is my first time to hear about this type of deposit operated by a postal office. Our deposit yields an interest of 7.5% and our deposit could be withdrawn after six months. After the tenurity period, a depositor can withdraw his money with interest and his capital. The depositor can also check his money via online links. Does any one of you here have a time deposit from your postal bank office? This is owned by the government and perhaps our money is safe. What do you think?

Never heard about this though but over here in my current location there are very few post office available and most are no longer active. They might be active in other states though.

Never heard about this though but over here in my current location there are very few post office available and most are no longer active. They might be active in other states though.
The initial deposit in my place after I inquired is $20 only. It's too small and the interest is 7.2 point something. I will try to drop by the post office tomorrow. I am intrigued of this.

I just heard about Post office time deposit, because in my country the post office does not provide deposit services, but only provides savings services in collaboration with banks. But after I searched on the internet, it seems that in India there is also this kind of service.

Post office deposits are lucrative but in some countries, government agencies are robbing the savings of private citizens without a court order. The procedure to get duplicate post office deposits is very difficult, finding a government employee, so investing in post office is risky.

I just heard about Post office time deposit, because in my country the post office does not provide deposit services, but only provides savings services in collaboration with banks. But after I searched on the internet, it seems that in India there is also this kind of service.
That is good to hear, I am now encouraged to go to the post office and inquire about their savings program. It is good to try since is owned by the government. I trust the government of my country. I was told a moment ago by my sister that we already have a postal bank and it operated 8 years ago.

That is good to hear, I am now encouraged to go to the post office and inquire about their savings program. It is good to try since is owned by the government. I trust the government of my country. I was told a moment ago by my sister that we already have a postal bank and it operated 8 years ago.
That's a very good idea, if you are motivated to open a deposit account at the post office, and you need to compare the interest returns you will get with deposits at the bank. whether smaller, the same or larger, so it's not just a security issue. I think deposits in banks are also safe.

That's a very good idea, if you are motivated to open a deposit account at the post office, and you need to compare the interest returns you will get with deposits at the bank. whether smaller, the same or larger, so it's not just a security issue. I think deposits in banks are also safe.
Yes, that is one of my intentions to compare and contrast the interest rates of the other banks also owned by the government and private sectors. It is good to do this so that our money can yield a high return of interest.

It's owned by government and as far as my experience is concerned the interest interest yields better than inna private bank.
Oh well this sounds a good deal. I will need to find out here if we have such means of making money. this is an easy way to make money

I am intrigued by this. The only problem is, I do not know the location of the post office in my province. I will Google it to see where it is.
The postal savings bank is also beside the post office It's located in the interior city. There's only one portal bank in Cagayan de Oro City. Dunno in Manila maybe many.

The postal savings bank is also beside the post office It's located in the interior city. There's only one portal bank in Cagayan de Oro City. Dunno in Manila maybe many.
Yes, I think there are many in Manila. I will try to Google if there is a postal office near where I live.

Yes, I think there are many in Manila. I will try to Google if there is a postal office near where I live.
Okay, you try it. It gives better interest than private banks. Have you withdrawn your Microlikes? I think you also win . Check your place.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member