President of the African Development Bank, Adesina, proposes a rename for Nigeria.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.644950
Referral Credit
The President of AfDB, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, has proposed that Nigeria should be renamed

He suggested that Nigeria should be renamed the “United States of Nigeria.” This was a made known in a statement issued yesterday by his Special Adviser on Industrialisation, He stated that
renaming the country the “United States of Nigeria” will alter the way states and Abuja view one another, which will foster unity. Nigerians what do you think of this?

Changing the name won't make any difference. It's just like today my name is david, then I decide to change it to Daniel later on. In the end I still have my habits and traits that people know me as but just a different name. If they want change in Nigeria, it's not about changing names, rather there needs to be a change in the mindset.

Changing the name won't make any difference. It's just like today my name is david, then I decide to change it to Daniel later on. In the end I still have my habits and traits that people know me as but just a different name. If they want change in Nigeria, it's not about changing names, rather there needs to be a change in the mindset.
My thought exactly, nsme changing might not bring any positive solution. this is just like putting old wine in a new bottle it is same same situation

My thought exactly, nsme changing might not bring any positive solution. this is just like putting old wine in a new bottle it is same same situation
Very true, this is the problem with Nigeria, they tend to leave the real problem an try to solve things the wrong way.

Very true, this is the problem with Nigeria, they tend to leave the real problem an try to solve things the wrong way.
Yeah, it seems the chase after shadows a lot. We need to tackle the core problems especially that of hunger that is producing more broke people

Yeah, it seems the chase after shadows a lot. We need to tackle the core problems especially that of hunger that is producing more broke people
Very true, some of our major problems include electricity, health care, security and food.

Very true, some of our major problems include electricity, health care, security and food.
They should just give us only security and food and we would be grateful. it can really be appalling that in abundance a lot of people are very hungry

The President of AfDB, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, has proposed that Nigeria should be renamed

He suggested that Nigeria should be renamed the “United States of Nigeria.” This was a made known in a statement issued yesterday by his Special Adviser on Industrialisation, He stated that
renaming the country the “United States of Nigeria” will alter the way states and Abuja view one another, which will foster unity. Nigerians what do you think of this?
We have enough problems already. We shoild focus on how to solve our mutiple problem than making making statement that have no real value. I expect more from Dr. Adesina.

We have enough problems already. We shoild focus on how to solve our mutiple problem than making making statement that have no real value. I expect more from Dr. Adesina.
Same here, thdy need to focus on more important national issues than trivial things. Hopefully we would get a better Nigeria tomorrow

13,179Threads
98,925Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member