• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Purchasing Broken iPhones and Turning a Profit

Devin

Founder & Admin
Staff member
Profit Partner
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.000000
Referral Credit
So, I recently decided to dive into the world of iPhone repair. I picked up a broken iPhone 6s Plus with a busted home button for just $29. I tossed in a $13 repair kit and an $8 replacement button, and voila, I was $50 in.

Now, here's where the fun began. It took me a solid hour and a half to wrestle that stubborn screen off. The adhesive was giving me a real workout, but I finally managed it. After that, it was all about the delicate internal work, making sure nothing else got busted in the process.

But guess what? I did it! The home button was back in action, and that iPhone felt brand spankin' new.

Here's the kicker: Refurbished iPhone 6s Plus models usually go for around $140 on the market. But I already have a buyer lined up, willing to part with $100 for my handiwork. That's a sweet $50 profit right there.

I've discovered not only a cool new hobby but also a potential side hustle. I'm itching to find another iPhone, maybe something fancier, to fix and flip for an even juicier profit.

So, anyone else into DIY tech repairs? Got any tips or stories to share?

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member