• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Reduce food waste

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.577063
Referral Credit
It is heartbreaking to know that millions of people across the globe are struggling with hunger and malnutrition, so minimize food wastage. You can start by donating your extra food to those in need. This not only helps in reducing food wastage but also spreads kindness. In addition, it saves you money in the long run. Before heading to the grocery store, always take a quick peek into your refrigerator to avoid acquiring duplicate items. Reheating leftovers is a great way to prevent food wastage, too. Lastly, make sure that you store your food properly to prevent spoilage.

To reduce food waste it is advisable to purchase food only when it is required, and purchase smaller quantities of food , especially perishable fruits and vegetables.

To reduce food waste it is advisable to purchase food only when it is required, and purchase smaller quantities of food , especially perishable fruits and vegetables.

To make sure that you minimize food waste and save money, purchase only the amount of fresh produce that you can consume. Fruits and vegetables are highly perishable and can easily go bad if not consumed within a short period of time.

Even in the bible, it's a sin to waste food. So we have to be careful. There are people out there without food, instead of wasting it, it's best you give to them.

Even in the bible, it's a sin to waste food. So we have to be careful. There are people out there without food, instead of wasting it, it's best you give to them.

You are right, many people tend to waste food when they could have used it to help those who are less fortunate. Just donate the food to them.

It is heartbreaking to know that millions of people across the globe are struggling with hunger and malnutrition, so minimize food wastage. You can start by donating your extra food to those in need. This not only helps in reducing food wastage but also spreads kindness. In addition, it saves you money in the long run. Before heading to the grocery store, always take a quick peek into your refrigerator to avoid acquiring duplicate items. Reheating leftovers is a great way to prevent food wastage, too. Lastly, make sure that you store your food properly to prevent spoilage.
Wastage of food is a sin and a grievous one for that matter. If Jesus advocates saving food and avoid wastage of food. We must make conscious effort to stop all form of wastage. In my house, i don't allow waste food at all.

Wastage of food is a sin and a grievous one for that matter. If Jesus advocates saving food and avoid wastage of food. We must make conscious effort to stop all form of wastage. In my house, i don't allow waste food at all.
Even though I don't toe the religious line here, but wasting of food is a terrible thing and a serious act of callousness and insensitivity because so many people don't have food to eat.

For someone to be successful in reducing food waste, the person has to be deliberate and take measures to plug any conduit through which food waste occurs. Be sure that you only cook what you can finish within the duration you get bored of a particular meal.
Yes, only cook what you can finish. You can reheat or share any leftovers with others to avoid wasting food, which is not a good habit. I recently watched a video where people wasted a large amount of rice, and it made me feel quite upset.

People learn to be frugal this time but at home, the leftovers that we have are not recycled. It's me always having a left over, but I place the leftover to our feeders for the hungry birds and the stray cats. They're always happily tweeting once see me bring food for them. They're cute little birds.

People learn to be frugal this time but at home, the leftovers that we have are not recycled. It's me always having a left over, but I place the leftover to our feeders for the hungry birds and the stray cats. They're always happily tweeting once see me bring food for them. They're cute little birds.

Yay. At least share your leftovers with stray animals, like dogs and cats. And, you are doing a great job, my friend! Keep it up, and you will be even more blessed!
Post automatically merged:

Indeed, we should try to avoid food wastage as much as possible. For perishable food, I just buy what I need and do not stock up. Where there is leftover, I put them in the refrigerator and reheat them on the next day.

Yes, just make sure to stock up on food that can last a week or more. Some people buy a lot of perishable items and end up throwing them away because they can't finish everything. :(
Post automatically merged:

yes in fact we waste tons of food because it exspires and then they throw it out wich is a huge wastage some people dream of a bite of food and starvation is a huge problem

Yes, some food gets thrown away because people forget about what they have in the fridge and it ends up spoiling. However, we should still consider ourselves blessed because we can eat two or three times a day, while many people around the world are starving.

Last edited:
12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member