Remembering our departed loved ones on their special day

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.167950
Referral Credit
Yesterday was the death anniversary of my father in law. We lost him in 2014 to throat cancer. My husband and I went to temple in the morning before work for a special prayer for him. Then I made the favourite lunch of my father in law. In the late afternoon, my husband and I went to a Cancer rehabilitation centre to donate some grocery items. This is how I remember my loved ones who are now in heavenly abode. I remember them on their birthday and their death anniversary.
What about you? Feel free to share it.

July 30 was the death anniversary of my beloved father. There was a mass held for that occasion. Some members in the family gathered in our ancestral home and had a good get together and reminisced the past when our parents were still alive.

April 16th was the death anniversary of my late dad, we didn't really do anything special that day though, we just simply shared stories about the fun memories we had and so on.

Yes we remember the death anniversary of our grandmother and grandfather. My aunts will prepare delicious food like it's their birthday. We visit their graves and offer prayers

July 30 was the death anniversary of my beloved father. There was a mass held for that occasion. Some members in the family gathered in our ancestral home and had a good get together and reminisced the past when our parents were still alive.
That's a very thoughtful way to remember anyone who has departed. It must have been an emotional day. The good memories are left behind a legacy abd always cherished.
April 16th was the death anniversary of my late dad, we didn't really do anything special that day though, we just simply shared stories about the fun memories we had and so on.
I am sure that you had a lot of them to cherish.
October 16th is the death anniversary of my grandpa. We're planning to go to the cemetery and bring him flowers, his favorite tobacco, and food.
These simple things like favourite things and food, many of our memories revolve around that. That's a thoughtful way to remember him
Yes we remember the death anniversary of our grandmother and grandfather. My aunts will prepare delicious food like it's their birthday. We visit their graves and offer prayers
There is so much importance given to favourite food in almost all the cultures. We also remember them on their special days by making and eating their favourite foods.

Yesterday, February 16th 2024 was the 9th anniversary of my mother's death. My sister and I like to talk about her and remember the funny things she said and did. Sometimes she would tell us off for some wrong doing and even that makes us laugh now :love:

Yesterday, February 16th 2024 was the 9th anniversary of my mother's death. My sister and I like to talk about her and remember the funny things she said and did. Sometimes she would tell us off for some wrong doing and even that makes us laugh now :love:
That sounds so nice. I am sure you both have felt so connected to her while recollecting all those memories around her. Glad that she has left behind so many fun memories behind for you two to cherish. I bet that once parents leave us, remembering them with your siblings would rekindle that sibling bond too, which might have faded a bit with tune and demands of life.

Yes, we do remember our departed loved ones. We generally visit them and offer flowers, and we continue to commemorate their birthdays.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, we do remember our departed loved ones. We generally visit them and offer flowers, and we continue to commemorate their birthdays.

13,073Threads
98,377Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member