• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Russia is offering Moscow residents a record $22,000 to fight in Ukraine

Sanjeev

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵13.140725
Referral Credit
According to a statement released on Tuesday, Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin announced a one-time signing bonus of 1.9 million rubles, or roughly $22,000, for Moscow residents who join in the military.

According to the announcement, anyone who accepts the offer may make up to 5.2 million rubles ($59,600) in their first year of service. In addition, one-time monetary compensation ranging from $5,690-$11,390 for injuries sustained during battle, "depending on the severity," may be given to those who opt to serve in Ukraine. In addition, the family of a soldier killed in action may get $34,150.

It is all up to those men in Moscow if accept that huge monetary offer. They have to think that they will perish forever and their families will be in sorrow for years. What is money after all.
Most of them would happily do it. They don't mind if they end up dying. The most important thing for them is that their family gets the money and are living well.

Most of them would happily do it. They don't mind if they end up dying. The most important thing for them is that their family gets the money and are living well.
You can't imagine what sone people like. it doesn't still make sense risking one's self like that though

I agree with you on that. It happened many times and the root cause is poverty. Those with skills and desires will accept the offer in lieu of their lives to stay longer.

No one likes to die even he or she is getting paid for it in my opinion. I don't think people who are earning enough money will take up this job.

I agree with you on that. It happened many times and the root cause is poverty. Those with skills and desires will accept the offer in lieu of their lives to stay longer.
Exactly, I have heard of cases like this before, they do not mind doing anything as long as they make money for their family.

Exactly, I have heard of cases like this before, they do not mind doing anything as long as they make money for their family.
The worse is they will kill innocent people. They also don't feel the agony of the victims of the ruthless war. They should not sacrifice their soul.

The worse is they will kill innocent people. They also don't feel the agony of the victims of the ruthless war. They should not sacrifice their soul.
That's what desperation can do to humans. They don't mind what they have to do once they are desperate or they have made up their minds.

That's what desperation can do to humans. They don't mind what they have to do once they are desperate or they have made up their minds.
There are people like them , spending their youthful life to a crucial end because of love for the family, but it is not a wise decision to receive that money because their lives will be short,

They are getting money to kill people only and only innocent people are killed in the war.

11,643Threads
90,714Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member