• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Save for a rainy day

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
Many people say, "It is important to save for a rainy day."
What exactly does that mean, and do you agree or disagree?

Saving for a rainy day is an idiom that refers to putting money or resources aside for unforeseen expenses or future needs.
It highlights the value of financial prudence and readiness.
For example, someone may say they are saving for a rainy day when they make an investment purchase or deposit money into a savings account.

I just heard the term saving for a rainy day, but from your description I came to the conclusion, if it's just to save or prepare for unexpected expenses, why does it have to be in the rainy season, even when it's flooded you can't withdraw your money from either the bank or ATM because they are closed Even the electricity often goes out, so the internet doesn't work. I suspect there is another meaning to that expression, namely saving long-lasting food, not just money.

Cause we have today, or cause we got it easy today, does not mean it would be that easy the next day. So it's best we should always save. Though we do not plan for this but one needs to be prepared.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member