Savings or installments to buy your dream item, which do you prefer?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.264700
Referral Credit
When we want to buy an item that has a high price (for example a car) of course we will be faced with two choices of saving first or buying in installments (credit for 36 months) which of course will add interest so the price will be more expensive than if we bought it in cash. But buying in installments will force us to always pay on time so as not to get a fine. Meanwhile, when saving, we often encounter obstacles, the money can be used for other needs or our intentions are lost if the saving time takes too long. So which do you choose, saving or buying in installments for your dream item?

To pay for my ideal item, I would rather use savings than installments. By avoiding interest payments and promoting financial discipline, saving enables a more secure and stress-free approach, allowing for a deliberate and pleasant buy.
I have bought my dream item several times using installments, even though the price is almost double compared to buying cash. But I have the satisfaction of being able to have my dream item faster than if I had to save first which might take a long time.

For me i prefer savings. Once i have been able to save the money i can go and buy whatever i want. Cause to be honest i wont be comfortable using the item if i have not paid for it completely.

When I was new to my job, I purchased new appliances through installments. I became a loyal customer so the next purchase through installment I was ot required to pay a deposit. I paid them in 3 to 6 months then installed again. That was so thrilling. I purchased 2 laptops one for me and the other one for my favorite niece. I also purchased my car through installments payable in 2 years and was already fully paid hehehe. That is life by the way.

When I was new to my job, I purchased new appliances through installments. I became a loyal customer so the next purchase through installment I was ot required to pay a deposit. I paid them in 3 to 6 months then installed again. That was so thrilling. I purchased 2 laptops one for me and the other one for my favorite niece. I also purchased my car through installments payable in 2 years and was already fully paid hehehe. That is life by the way.
That's the art of living in debt to buy dream items, which we can turn into experience, even though at the moment I don't buy things in installments, especially for goods with prices that are likely to be reached in no more than one year, of course cars have to be bought in installments. and I chose a tenor of 36 months, so that it doesn't disrupt cash flow, if I had chosen a tenor of less than 24 months it would have been too difficult financially.

That's the art of living in debt to buy dream items, which we can turn into experience, even though at the moment I don't buy things in installments, especially for goods with prices that are likely to be reached in no more than one year, of course cars have to be bought in installments. and I chose a tenor of 36 months, so that it doesn't disrupt cash flow, if I had chosen a tenor of less than 24 months it would have been too difficult financially.
It is difficult for me to pay more than one year because the price increases and I could get a discount if pay in advance and on time. I purchased many things when I was a new employee even jewer;ris in the pawnshop hehehe. There is freedom for ourselves.

I prefer savings too, as this is what I've been doing. Whenever I want something to buy, it motivates me to save more. I just turn to installment as a last resort.

I guess it would depend on how expensive that item is. I don't have a million dollars in cash to buy a house outright :P I'd have to do installments via a mortgage.

I don't like anything that would make me feel indebted to anyone. That is why I tend to detest that instalment purchases. I prefer to save my money and something without the burden of indebtedness.

I prefer savings too, as this is what I've been doing. Whenever I want something to buy, it motivates me to save more. I just turn to installment as a last resort.
That's right and i hate having to use something that i have not even paid for completely. So its best i just save up to buy what i want so i can freely use it when i get it.

12,034Threads
92,821Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member