Mildredtabitha

Active Participant
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.030500
Referral Credit
I have been thinking of starting an online business of selling clothes and shoes. I think an online store is cheaper than a physical store.

Also, I think women fashion will sell more compared to men's fashion. But I have a friend who did this but ended up closing because their business failed.

I wonder what are the best strategies for making an online store very profitable. Maybe marketing and knowing really who your customers are.

Has any of you ever ventured in a similar business? If yes, how long did it take you to start making profits?

I was planning to sell fashion boutiques online but until now it wasn't realized. I am so busy at work and business. In your case, selling shoes and clothes online is profitable. You can pattern how the sellers in Shopee are doing, or you can also be a merchant in Shopee to experience.

You should provide the exact dimensions of the clothes and shoes you sell. Many sellers do not provide the dimensions . So time, money is wasted returning the clothes if they do not fit.

If you have an active social media account, before creating your online store I think you should use your social media account to create a strong customer base. Once you have had enough traffic before you start creating a store.

I believe it is still profitable to this day. I used to sell clothes, but I had to stop to focus on my college academics. Of course, marketing can assist, and you should take beautiful images of your products to make them interesting/appealing to potential clients.

I have been thinking of starting an online business of selling clothes and shoes. I think an online store is cheaper than a physical store.

Also, I think women fashion will sell more compared to men's fashion. But I have a friend who did this but ended up closing because their business failed.

I wonder what are the best strategies for making an online store very profitable. Maybe marketing and knowing really who your customers are.

Has any of you ever ventured in a similar business? If yes, how long did it take you to start making profits?
I tried to get into a similar business but it was dropshipping to sell sneakers, it didn't work out, I even created a campaign and everything, I had visitors but no sales. One tip I would give you to start this business would be to sell locally and have a stock if that's not a waste of time in my opinion.

If you are thinking of getting into this business in my location, I would strongly advise against doing it online. If you can set it up offline, you would make good profits from it within 3 months.

That is what I have been thinking too. I think I am not ready to deal with shipping costs and also, I would like my clients to fit and get correct sizes themselves.

I was planning to sell fashion boutiques online but until now it wasn't realized. I am so busy at work and business. In your case, selling shoes and clothes online is profitable. You can pattern how the sellers in Shopee are doing, or you can also be a merchant in Shopee to experience.
I have never heard of shopee before but I will check it out. In the mean time, I think I will start with an offline business. I feel it is easier to focus on few people outside social media.

I own a door-to-door thrift shop (no online shop, nor offline physical space, so I don't need to pay a rent nor bills) and I sell used stuff: clothes, accessories and shoes (even if until today, none of my customers purchased shoes, only clothes and accessories). I go to my customers' houses (that's why it's a door-to-door business) to sell used stuff since last year.

I own a door-to-door thrift shop (no online shop, nor offline physical space, so I don't need to pay a rent nor bills) and I sell used stuff: clothes, accessories and shoes (even if until today, none of my customers purchased shoes, only clothes and accessories). I go to my customers' houses (that's why it's a door-to-door business) to sell used stuff since last year.

Wow! I wasn't thinking of that. It's really a perfect idea since I can save on rent. Door to door sounds like a perfect idea but I might get tired walking and repeating myself to every person. I tried sales job before then I quit. But yours is a brilliant idea since I might try it before setting up an offline shop. I'm glad you have made some sales selling door to door.

l really don't have any idea about the online business that deals with the selling of the clothing online. I have seen so many successful boutique businesses that are operated offiline.
Indeed there are many successful boutiques. My interest will be to know how they started and any challenges they faced.

Wow! I wasn't thinking of that. It's really a perfect idea since I can save on rent. Door to door sounds like a perfect idea but I might get tired walking and repeating myself to every person. I tried sales job before then I quit. But yours is a brilliant idea since I might try it before setting up an offline shop. I'm glad you have made some sales selling door to door.

My earnings from my door-to-door thrift shop are crumbs, but in such a way, no need to quit the activity, in spite of a few return (my main activity is languages teacher and writer, but in this moment all my students are on holidays). The used stuff is hosted at my house at zero cost.

12,039Threads
92,836Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member