Should homework be banned?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.358176
Referral Credit
Most people believe that having homework is an essential component of receiving an education in school. However, how useful is homework? Does it aid kids in improving their academic performance? Do assignments help students learn? There is still discussion about homework worldwide.

What's your opinion on this?

Homework is essential part of education. It indirectly get parents involved in education of the children. Through homework, parents can be able to know whether their children is improving or stagnant. To remove homework is a crime against sound education.

No i think homework is good for the kids, it gives them a little time to still study at home, especially does who find it hard to read and study on their own at home.

Homework is part of the academe. It is an extension of what a learner learned from the classroom. It is a tool to measure how the learning is transferred to the learner's memory by doing it himself outside the classroom.

Most people believe that having homework is an essential component of receiving an education in school. However, how useful is homework? Does it aid kids in improving their academic performance? Do assignments help students learn? There is still discussion about homework worldwide.

What's your opinion on this?
No it shouldn't be, it is a good way to engage the parents and kids at home. I know that parents take active part with the kids academics when they are doing homework together.

I don't think homework should be eliminated, if homeworks are excessive maybe lower them it is okay, but eliminating them completely I don't think will be of great help since homework helps the child learn the value of work and effort, also, as other members say, it helps to involve parents in the child's tasks and make them learn in a more didactic way.

No it shouldn't be, it is a good way to engage the parents and kids at home. I know that parents take active part with the kids academics when they are doing homework together.
I know, right? That's why I don't understand some parents complaining about homework.

While I think that in some cases homework should be something that is done, it shouldn't be given in a large majority of the cases that it is handed out. I've never understood teachers who assign homework, when it is easy enough to have the item completed in class, especially if the assignment can be spread out over the course of a few days, if a particular lesson plan is going to last a week.

Yeah i used to hate homework when i was in school, but the truth is that homework is very mandatory for students in order to make them not to forget what they learn on the day to day teaching and learning program, so before students get to exam they have to know their level of education by practicing on class work and home work.

Homework is not that serious I mean you can not do them your not going to be killed or anything plus it helps you to practice a bit if you struggle with math you can use homework to learn at least that's what I think
I also believe that homework is not so serious because there are many schools in the world that do not ask homework and most of it is done during the lesson and the child uses the time after the lessons only for itself

13,176Threads
98,912Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member