Should you take sides in your parents conflict?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.540108
Referral Credit
Most of us are adults here and still have parents. Supposing your parents have a conflict that you know of. And it is clear to you the party that is wrong.

Should you take sides and tell the wrong parent to correct his or her path? Or you would just stay neutral?

I will stay neutral. But what I would be advocating for will be peace. I will urge the wrong party to make peace and that's all
It is a very dicey affair. The moment you tell one party to make peace, that party might interprete that you have taken sides with the other party. For me, I just stay mute and tell them that I would leave tye house if they can't stay in peace. They would be forced to find peace.

It is very good thread, as being a father I can show my feeling here. One time I had some conflict with my wife I was feeling as I am right while my wife was showing that she is innocent and that was totally my fault. Suddenly my daughter started taking her side this boosted my anger many folds. So my advice is always try to cool down both of them.

It is a very dicey affair. The moment you tell one party to make peace, that party might interprete that you have taken sides with the other party. For me, I just stay mute and tell them that I would leave tye house if they can't stay in peace. They would be forced to find peace.
How do you stay mute? you just stated that you would say I will leave the house if they don't live in peace. How would you do that if you don't speak to any of them

Most of us are adults here and still have parents. Supposing your parents have a conflict that you know of. And it is clear to you the party that is wrong.

Should you take sides and tell the wrong parent to correct his or her path? Or you would just stay neutral?
My mother was a quiet person and it was my father who shouted most of the time. I haven't seen them fighting but my husband and me had heated arguments but my sons never interfered.

It is depressing to see your parents quarrel publicly because you would be left with a moral duty to intervene. That's one of the reasons I had to move out from my parents' house to stay alone.

13,166Threads
98,856Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member