Smoke Bombs Fired in Kenya As Thousands Protest Ruto Govt's Tax Hike Plan |

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.201800
Referral Credit
Protests are escalating in Kenya over proposed new tax hikes in the Finance Bill that is being tabled in the parliament.

According to the report, thousands of young protesters marched near President William Ruto's residence. Protesters clashed with police who fired tear gas and water cannons to disperse them.

The report added that one person has been reportedly killed, while over 200 are injured. Over 200 arrests have also been made in the last 24 hours. Young Kenyans are protesting against the proposed tax hikes, which they fear will exacerbate Kenya's cost-of-living crisis.

Please watch the video through this link.

They are protesting against the proposed tax hikes, which they fear will increase Kenya's cost-of-living which might be true in the long run.
That's a normal thing but they should not provoke the authorities. One died because of their impulsive protests.

That's a normal thing but they should not provoke the authorities. One died because of their impulsive protests.
Well, authorities are always after protesters . it has happened here in my country before. They just have to be careful

Well, authorities are always after protesters . it has happened here in my country before. They just have to be careful
There is always a casualty or even casualties when there's a protest. The people better write the president and have their names affixed.

There is always a casualty or even casualties when there's a protest. The people better write the president and have their names affixed.
That's the usual choas that is why one have to be careful as a protester. The police would always teargased every one

That's the usual choas that is why one have to be careful as a protester. The police would always teargased every one
I never joined any protest invitation. When I was in college, I was invited to join a protest against our university president but I did not agree with their ideas,

I never joined any protest invitation. When I was in college, I was invited to join a protest against our university president but I did not agree with their ideas,
Same here I try to stay away from any planned protest because a lot of times it ends in violence and I don't like that

Same here I try to stay away from any planned protest because a lot of times it ends in violence and I don't like that
Ut is better not to participate. It is crucial when our parents learn about our participation in a protest which usually leads to chaos and physical injuries.

Ut is better not to participate. It is crucial when our parents learn about our participation in a protest which usually leads to chaos and physical injuries.
That's my fear all the time getting attacked by hoodlums for just protesting and most times it is for a good cause

That's my fear all the time getting attacked by hoodlums for just protesting and most times it is for a good cause
It's so worrisome. They should have not done it. There's always a solution to every problem big or small .

13,232Threads
99,187Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member