Some voters in Northeast India go back to the polls after violence disrupts first day of election

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.781600
Referral Credit
Voters at a handful of polling places in a northeastern Indian state went back to the polls amid tight security on Monday after violence disrupted the vote last week.

Indian election authorities voided the results at 11 of Manipur state's nearly 3,000 polling stations after armed men damaged election machines during the first day of their national election.

State officials said that at least six of the stations, armed men broke the electronic voting machines that citizens use to cast their ballots.

The authorities suspected two dominant ethnic groups that attacked the same way since May 2023. Around 200 people have been killed and over 60,000 displaced as mobs have rampaged through villages and torched houses.

The world’s largest democratic election began in India on Friday, as millions across 21 states cast their votes. Their election would last for about weeks and Narendra Modi, the populist prime minister seeks a straight third term as their country'sleader. The votes will be counted manually.

I am yet to see any election that is completely free from fighting, or one issue or the other.
Politics is getting dirtier, and the president of India, Modi has not changed the image of India. There are a lot of human rights abuses. There should be another better candidate.

Politics is getting dirtier, and the president of India, Modi has not changed the image of India. There are a lot of human rights abuses. There should be another better candidate.
Modi is not president he is a prime minister. This is not true that he has not changed the image of the country but in his tenure country has done growth in many areas. I don't think there is a better candidate than him at the moment.

Modi is not president he is a prime minister. This is not true that he has not changed the image of the country but in his tenure country has done growth in many areas. I don't think there is a better candidate than him at the moment.
In your country it's called prime minister, in my country and even the tier 1 country the United States of America their head of states is President. Prime minister was the name of the Ph head during the Marcos Sr. administration because our country was under Martial law.

In your country it's called prime minister, in my country and even the tier 1 country the United States of America their head of states is President. Prime minister was the name of the Ph head during the Marcos Sr. administration because our country was under Martial law.

Yes. We have president as well in our country but the power of PM is more than the president.

Yes. We have president as well in our country but the power of PM is more than the president.
At least I know, I'm hoping for the success of your national election. Have you voted already?

The terror is everywhere. It seems they are people that are just born violent. They love disruptions
Politicians are willing to do anything just to make sure they get what they want, and they tend to choose violence.

Politicians are willing to do anything just to make sure they get what they want, and they tend to choose violence.
Yes, you know like the violent taketh it by force. A lot of people are just used to violence way of doing things

13,179Threads
98,947Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member