South Africa’s former parliament speaker charged with corruption and money laundering

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.644950
Referral Credit
In a report today, the South Africa’s former parliament speaker has been charged with corruption and money laundering. This is the latest scandal for African National Congress party.

The ex speaker, Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula, who resigned as a speake yesterday as appeared before a court in Pretoria after being detained by the police.

The charges against her are 12 counts of corruptions and one of money laundering, Mapisa-Nqakula, who is 67 years was very silent in the dock, and was granted bail later

“I’m not at flight risk,” the ANC veteran said in a submission read by her lawyer, Graham Kerr-Phillips. “I will receive a state pension which I cannot afford to lose,” she added, also describing the case against her as weak.

Coming just under two months before national elections, the case has added to the woes of the ANC, which is struggling in the polls amid a weak economy and accusations of official corruption and mismanagement.

Mapisa-Nqakula is the

Am not even surprised about this, majority of our politicians today, if proper investigations should be made, majority of them would come out guilty with lots of corruption charges.

Unfortunately, a large percentage of politicians have been shown to engage in acts of corruption. These individuals, motivated by greed and a desire for power, use their positions of authority to profit themselves, frequently at the expense of the public.

Am not even surprised about this, majority of our politicians today, if proper investigations should be made, majority of them would come out guilty with lots of corruption charges.
That's right a lot of them fight tooth and nails to get in. because their main purpose is to get in there to steal. it's really sad

13,179Threads
98,925Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member