• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Spend money to save money

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.586063
Referral Credit
Have you heard about this before? For example, you always go to Starbucks or Coffee Bean to get your daily caffeine fix. You spend $50 or more per month on coffee. However, you realize that it is already hurting your pocket, so you spend money on a moka pot or an inexpensive but high-quality coffee maker. Sometimes, you must spend money in order to save money in the long run.

You will call it investment if it makes more money for you. It is expenditure and liability for sure!😂😂😂😂
lol.. I go by: A dollar saved, it's a dollar earned. For me it's still an investment :)
Not all investments make more money, tons of investments are made every day just to save money. :) which result in more money
in your pocket.

In that case, buying a coffee maker is not an expenditure, I would call it an investment :)
Hey Mike, investing in a coffee maker might be a good idea. By brewing your coffee at home, you can save some bucks and contribute to environmental sustainability by avoiding the use of plastic cups. What do you think? Hehe
Post automatically merged:

This is definitely true, there are some things you invest in, which in turn will yield far more than you invest. A good example is I can go grocery shopping that will last the family a week worth this saves money for that week.
You're absolutely right, Tracee. Sometimes, spending money can actually help us save money in the long run. Certain investments can pay off in terms of savings down the line. Similarly, stocking up on groceries for the week can help reduce the number of trips you have to make to the store, which ultimately saves you money. I do the same thing myself, and I've found it to be really helpful.

Yes there's a need to spend money on a thing that would enable you to make more money or save money. Whichever way works for you
Augusta, you're absolutely right. Investing in certain items can be a smart move, as they can help us save money in the long run.

That's definitely an asset. One can use that one for a longer time saving money on the daily bought coffee
for instance.
Yes, it can be beneficial, without a doubt. hehe

Last edited:
This is true, let's take the use of solar panels for example. Having a solar panel here is extremely expensive compared to generators. But once you are able to get one, you don't have to worry about fuel.

This is true, let's take the use of solar panels for example. Having a solar panel here is extremely expensive compared to generators. But once you are able to get one, you don't have to worry about fuel.

That is right. While they may be costly to acquire and set up initially, they provide significant long-term benefits. You will be able to save money in the long run.

That is right. While they may be costly to acquire and set up initially, they provide significant long-term benefits. You will be able to save money in the long run.
Yes, if we had one now I won't be worried about how to sort out most of my work right now.

In most cases that is what is supposed to be. One should spend for them to save more.

Yes, opt for high-quality products that are built to last. This approach can save us from constantly repurchasing the same items.

I know that most of us only buy inferior quality products because we are out of funds. I just feel that sometimes, it is even better to wait, save up and buy quality at once.

I will admit, sometimes I settle for subpar products when I am on a tight budget. It is wiser to save up for something you really love that's high-quality.

I will admit, sometimes I settle for subpar products when I am on a tight budget. It is wiser to save up for something you really love that's high-quality.
That's exactly true. We should always be patient to buy quality at once than rush in to buy things that are sub standard and end up needing to replace those items soon.

12,085Threads
93,136Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member