Stampede at religious event in India kills more than 100 people, almost all of them women

Sanjeev

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.318025
Referral Credit
Authorities say at least 116 people were killed in a stampede at a religious festival in northern India, mostly women and children.

The gathering, held Tuesday in a makeshift tent in the Hathras region of Uttar Pradesh state, approximately 125 miles southeast of the Indian capital, New Delhi, drew hundreds of thousands of people despite the scorching heat.

The stampede occurred at the end of the event, when a swarm of followers rushed to touch the Hindu preacher who hosted it as he departed the platform.

I am very sorry to hear about the news. There should be proper decorum and securities should have been placed. Knowing that it is jampacked, they should have not gathered to the front.
It seems there was no security to stop the people. it might be an open and free-to-enter place. It also happened in the Philippines during the show of Willie Revillame of his Wow wow win dunno of the name is correct. I was not an avid fan of his show,

May be because the women are vulnerable so the number of women got killed in the stampede was mor than the men.
Yes, you know women are the Wesker vessels and they can't really withstand turbulence. So they died more

It seems there was no security to stop the people. it might be an open and free-to-enter place. It also happened in the Philippines during the show of Willie Revillame of his Wow wow win dunno of the name is correct. I was not an avid fan of his show,

Yes, it was free to enter place. I guess if there were entry fees, the crowd might have been less at that place.

I remember that event that was so devastating, the stampeded killed about 73 people and injured almost 400. The gameshow was called Wowowee,. People were so excited to get a seat and win cash prizes.

I remember that event that was so devastating, the stampeded killed about 73 people and injured almost 400. The gameshow was called Wowowee,. People were so excited to get a seat and win cash prizes.
That's top news during that time and Willie was in a hot fire. I think he paid the families. I never like to attend shows where people are numerous. It's delicate.

Even if there are securities, those people in stamped cannot be controlled They were brave to face their final end.
They were excited to be in the arena and to get their seats and also excited for the anniversary. Anticipated the prizes they can get from the show and the host.

They were excited to be in the arena and to get their seats and also excited for the anniversary. Anticipated the prizes they can get from the show and the host.
They failed to estimate the proximity of the crowd. The crowd alone tells the eyes danger to come/ They better went home and not proceeded to their ambition to receive a reward. That was nonsense,

13,216Threads
99,118Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member