Stay at home as ordered by Nigerian labor Congress.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.877950
Referral Credit
The Nigerian Labour Congress has ordered Nigerian workers to stay at home as theres no resumption of work nationwide. The predicted strike commences today June 3

The Organised Labour nationwide strike followed the deadlock meeting it had with the Federal Government and the National Assembly leaders over a new national minimum wage and reversal of the recent hike in electricity tariffs.

The labour unions argue that the current minimum wage of ₦30,000 can no longer cater to the wellbeing of an average Nigerian worker, and they want it increased or no work.

How's the strike mate. Are there changes. Was that strike brought something a significant impact to people's claim of a desired wage increase?
Yes, the president is on it now. The labor has called off the strike for one week so that they can sort it out with federal government

I hope the minimum wage increase will be implemented soon. It is long overdue, not only in Nigeria but also in other third-world countries.
Yeah we are hopeful there would a change though it might not be up to what the labor is demanding but it would better

Yes, the president is on it now. The labor has called off the strike for one week so that they can sort it out with federal government
At least the president heard the clamors of the people. One week strike is a big loss for the businessmen, so they have to help too.

At least the president heard the clamors of the people. One week strike is a big loss for the businessmen, so they have to help too.
Yes, I hope they come to their senses now and do the needful for the people. They need to increase minimum wage and that's it

Yes, I hope they come to their senses now and do the needful for the people. They need to increase minimum wage and that's it
They just hear the cry of the helpless poor. They do not have conscience if they won't grant the wage increase.

They just hear the cry of the helpless poor. They do not have conscience if they won't grant the wage increase.
I believe they would increase the wage but it wouldn't be as high as expected. So it is better for us to lower our expectations

I believe they would increase the wage but it wouldn't be as high as expected. So it is better for us to lower our expectations
The people don't have a choice. The budget of the government might not be enough too. Whatever amount is better than none to expect.

The people don't have a choice. The budget of the government might not be enough too. Whatever amount is better than none to expect.
That's right. We just have to know that it can't happen according to the budget that was presented this year

That's right. We just have to know that it can't happen according to the budget that was presented this year
That is right, the people there should also consider the budget set by the government that must not overlap.

That is right, the people there should also consider the budget set by the government that must not overlap.
But they need to also be reasonable with the masses. We need to be paid a wage that is better than just peanut

But they need to also be reasonable with the masses. We need to be paid a wage that is better than just peanut
It could be acceptable if the increase is done monthly. The people feel cold.

Yeah it is going to be a monthly increase. They just have to do the needful for the masses and workers
The problem as far as my observation is concerned is, increase happens when there's a petition, if none they're deaf and blind.

The problem as far as my observation is concerned is, increase happens when there's a petition, if none they're deaf and blind.
They have done that already so they are all waiting for the final words from the presidency. He need to confirm that

They have done that already so they are all waiting for the final words from the presidency. He need to confirm that
They do not have a choice but to accept than no increase at all. It might be based on the country's economic situation. The government is also trying its best to serve the people.

They do not have a choice but to accept than no increase at all. It might be based on the country's economic situation. The government is also trying its best to serve the people.
Yes we are also supporting the presidency by being law abiding. He needs to also serve us better by giving us good living conditions

Yes we are also supporting the presidency by being law abiding. He needs to also serve us better by giving us good living conditions
Correct where are those promises to hear out the needs of the masses? Forgotten. They only remember how much money to corrupt.

13,207Threads
99,089Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member