• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

the Challenge of Low Income

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.568700
Referral Credit
I meet a lot of low-income people out there, so their finances can't cover their basic needs and many of them can't afford to pay electricity and water bills. Poverty is not only caused by inflation but also by corruption by high-ranking officials, nepotism, etc., so that poor people will increasingly fall into the abyss of poverty. I also met many of them doing side jobs such as motorbike taxi drivers, etc. But those who are desperate end up falling into online gambling which makes them even more miserable. Of course they don't know the terms saving or investment. It should be the duty of the state/government to eradicate poverty by providing free skills training, providing capital loans to small entrepreneurs and most importantly changing mindsets to build finances in the future.

People with low income and have difficulty paying bills and buying daily necessities should think of ways to get out of this struggle. Upgrade your skills by attending government sponsored workshops so that you can have a chance o find a better paying job. In the meantime, look for multiple sources of income.

it is very hard to find some positivity in life when your income is low but you might be able to make some money but of course it requires work
Yes this is why nobody should be idle. You need to try and work and have different sources. No matter how small it is better than nothing

I meet a lot of low-income people out there, so their finances can't cover their basic needs and many of them can't afford to pay electricity and water bills. Poverty is not only caused by inflation but also by corruption by high-ranking officials, nepotism, etc., so that poor people will increasingly fall into the abyss of poverty. I also met many of them doing side jobs such as motorbike taxi drivers, etc. But those who are desperate end up falling into online gambling which makes them even more miserable. Of course they don't know the terms saving or investment. It should be the duty of the state/government to eradicate poverty by providing free skills training, providing capital loans to small entrepreneurs and most importantly changing mindsets to build finances in the future.
Not all poor people take to gambling for extra income. My maid puts some of her income into the saving banks for the future. Some people are lazy and want easy money so take the wrong way thinking it to be easy.

Not all poor people take to gambling for extra income. My maid puts some of her income into the saving banks for the future. Some people are lazy and want easy money so take the wrong way thinking it to be easy.
You are right, not all poor people take to gambling for extra income, but those who are desperate end up falling into online gambling. Everyone has different emotional abilities so they will take different paths, whether positive or negative.

Here online workers have a low income mainly because of a massive government fraud on online workers, investors whose data is robbed by married women, young frauds and other government employees who then get monthly salaries only for making fake claims using robbed data.

It's similar to the disfavoured areas in my country. The difference is people here usually don't engage in online gambling (as average people here only make use of the web to chat with friends and watch movies, until I know). However, the federal government here provides an allowance up to half minimum salary (it may increase when in a family there are babies, little children and pregnant women). Such an amount can sustain a family during few days in terms of food (in the case of a couple, when there isn't a rent to pay, it can last during 15 days more or less, if the couple spends as wisely as possible). For the rest of the month, when both the small salary and the allowance are gone, a lot of people here counts on charity initiatives from one's local churches.

The government must support people lacking skills by offering free training, seminars, and other forms of assistance. However, recipients of this training must demonstrate motivation and drive for future success.
Some people are just poor because they want to be poor. Some people have refused to learn any skill or improve the value they offer to help them earn better.

You are right, not all poor people take to gambling for extra income, but those who are desperate end up falling into online gambling. Everyone has different emotional abilities so they will take different paths, whether positive or negative.
That's true. What path a person will take to earn depends on the person's attitude towards life.

The mishap is the circumstance that hinder many people to learn new skills to let them apply for a discreetly paid job, mainly cause 2 reasons:
1)the courses to learn new skills, have a cost and they cannot spend a single cent or the course is for free, but it's offline and kept in a city far from home (so there are costs of transportation)
2)the courses are free, but to attend them, people would need to quit their job. Despite their current job is ill paid, a low income is better than zero income...who will support their household until they finish all the course to learn a new skill and get a new job?
And yes, laziness exists too and it's the third reason. But the first 2 constitute a sad reality also.

We cannot expect much from the state government and it is hard for those below the poverty line to expect a brighter future. And since their earnings are low it will be hard for them to save money
It happens everyday in Latin America. Here, a lot of people must decide between food and soap. If they purchase a soap bar, they must skip meals. If they pay the water bill, they skip meals. Impossible to think about saving money, obviously, in such a condition.

12,094Threads
93,211Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member