• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Tips for Budgeting Your Road Trip

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
Sometimes when we have extra money to spare, I go on a road trip with my partner. We enjoy witnessing picturesque views that help us rest and contemplate. If you enjoy taking road trips, you do not need to spend a lot of money on them. You can take road trips on a budget. Make sure your vehicle is in excellent shape to avoid breakdowns on the road, as this can be a major issue for you. Create and keep to a meal budget, visit venues that do not charge admission fees, and participate in free activities. Book your accommodations ahead of time to get the best pricing, too.

In most cases instead of eating out you can prepare the food and carry along. Though this would only work when going on a short trip. The money you might spending buying food or eating out in most cases might be enough to cook something that would last more than once eating.

In most cases instead of eating out you can prepare the food and carry along. Though this would only work when going on a short trip. The money you might spending buying food or eating out in most cases might be enough to cook something that would last more than once eating.
You are correct, my friend. If you want to save money, prepare your meals. My family used to do this back when my father was still healthy. My mother prepares meals, and we pack them to avoid eating at pricey restaurants. Hehe

I don't like road trips, it's exhausting. I don't like to drive to far places. I prefer riding on a plane. I mostly visit Davao city and Cebu City. I am now adding General Santos city the city of Tuna.
It really is exhausting, especially if you are the driver. Hehe. It is better if someone will drive for you.

Good financial planning must be done, when you are going on your road trip, you also need to estimate the distance and how long you will travel. I also did a road trip by car from Surabaya to Medan, a distance of around 2,780 km and it took me 3 days to get to Medan.

Good financial planning must be done, when you are going on your road trip, you also need to estimate the distance and how long you will travel. I also did a road trip by car from Surabaya to Medan, a distance of around 2,780 km and it took me 3 days to get to Medan.
Indeed, especially if you are on a tight budget. Hehe. Oh, that was very far! Did you travel alone?

Indeed, especially if you are on a tight budget. Hehe. Oh, that was very far! Did you travel alone?
Long trips, traveling alone would certainly be very boring, of course not, I take turns driving the car with a friend. During the trip it was certainly very enjoyable because it was a holiday.

Long trips, traveling alone would certainly be very boring, of course not, I take turns driving the car with a friend. During the trip it was certainly very enjoyable because it was a holiday.

I see. Good thing you were with a friend as you could take turns driving.

12,074Threads
93,039Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member