US court jails the former Honduran President for 45 years for drugs related offence

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.997950
Referral Credit
The former Honduran President,Juan Orlando Hernandez was convicted of helping cartels to traffic hundreds of tons of cocaine. A court in New York on Wednesday, June 26, sentenced him to 45 years in prison.

This comes with an $8 million (roughly €7.5 million) fine. Though it is not life imprisonment Since he is 55-year-old's age, he is likely to die behind bars.

Judge P. Kevin Castel said the sentence should serve as a warning to "well educated, well dressed" individuals who gain power and think their status will insulate them from justice.

I don't know why men are so greedy. A former president is already very rich but still gets involved to help drug cartels. I don't understand how this all adds up.
Please stop generalizing issues. Not all men are greedy and materialistic. We have disciplined men who don't have time for corrupt pratices.
Post automatically merged:

The former Honduran President,Juan Orlando Hernandez was convicted of helping cartels to traffic hundreds of tons of cocaine. A court in New York on Wednesday, June 26, sentenced him to 45 years in prison.

This comes with an $8 million (roughly €7.5 million) fine. Though it is not life imprisonment Since he is 55-year-old's age, he is likely to die behind bars.

Judge P. Kevin Castel said the sentence should serve as a warning to "well educated, well dressed" individuals who gain power and think their status will insulate them from justice.
When you are addicted to drugs and its bad influence, it is very difficult to go back. I think the former president still find it difficult to stay out of the drug gangs. Once a soldier, forever a soldier!

I find now it's the educated who are into drug peddling more than the uneducated.

I find now it's the educated who are into drug peddling more than the uneducated.
it is to show that anyone can be into drugs. They just have to be punished to deterred other's

That's true. Drug peddlers should be punished severely.
Yes, and they should not be immune to severe punishment even as a high rated person since they want to be stupid

Yes, and they should not be immune to severe punishment even as a high rated person since they want to be stupid
High profile people think, the law cannot touch them and they can get anything done with money.

13,216Threads
99,118Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member