• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Using a Professional Email Address

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.013388
Referral Credit
In this advanced world, almost everything can be done online. The world has evolved from the manual newsletters, mails, telegrams to the internet world. Well, it has already been there before the smartphones were invented however, most businesses don't use the internet because not all can have an access to it. But now, almost all are done online. So as jobseekers or business owners, to be considered for the job, should use a professional email address.

Unprofessional email addresses can be tagged as if they are scammers. If you are a jobseeker, avoid funny email address like cutiepie123@(domain.com) or avoid using dates joesmith032672@{domain.com)

Why it is so important? The hiring manager will not tag you as spam - instead of noticing your job application and CV, the first thing he will see is your unprofessional email address.

If you are a business, use your brand name or your name as your email address, joe.smith@discussionbucks.de (just an example)

The reputation and professional image are at stake so better be careful.

We are also barred from Google or Yahoo and others if create an email ad without an exact preference.
They imposed verification to ensure that we are putting legit information. I believe for now, they are asking for mobile number so an OTP can be verified by the person creating the email ad using their platform.

They imposed verification to ensure that we are putting legit information. I believe for now, they are asking for mobile number so an OTP can be verified by the person creating the email ad using their platform.
i already experienced it last year when I created a new email ad for PayPal. My name is all around on the web via Google.

I have two gmail addresses. One I created for PayPal as a back up. That I put numbers to it just for me to note that it is my back up PayPal account. The main is for my personal and professional use as well. I have a separate email address domain provided by the company I am currently with.

12,094Threads
93,203Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member