• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Using an exchange address instead of wallet address

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵2.740313
Referral Credit
I have some payment due for writing , but the website has said that using an exchange address instead of wallet address is asking for trouble. Is it because only wallets can accept smart contracts or is there any other reason why users should not use the exchange address for receiving payment?

Of course their reasons will be different from my opinion and maybe everyone will have different opinions as to why you are not allowed to use the exchange address, maybe they can carry out a dust attack or something else, to get a more precise answer, you ask them directly.

Exchanges are different from wallets and when it's specified which one to use, I try to adhere to avoid losing money.

However, I saw that Okx has both wallet and exchange address on the same app which is very confusing.

I think using exchange address is just for you to keep crypto that you wish to trade with. Remember, any exchange can close at anytime. If you are holding for investment, it is better you use a Wallet.

11,944Threads
92,355Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member