Victorian mother jailed for forcing daughter to marry man who murdered her six weeks later

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.276550
Referral Credit
According to the report, a Victorian mother has cried and protested her innocence as she became the first person in Australia to be jailed for breaking forced marriage laws.

Sakina Muhammad Jan will have to serve a minimum of 12 months in jail after being found guilty of pressuring her daughter to marry a man who went on to murder her in 2020.

The report said that After the wedding, Ruqia Haidari, 21, moved across the country to live with her new husband in Perth. Six weeks later, he'd slashed her throat with a kitchen knife.

The report added that Jan was supported by about 15 family and Hazara community members in Melbourne's County Court on Monday, some of whom wept as Judge Fran Dalziel sentenced her to three years in jail.

The judge agreed to a recognizance order, allowing Jan to walk free after 12 months if she agreed not to commit further offenses. After the sentence was imposed, Jan sat in the court dock and told her lawyer she refused to accept the judge's decision before eventually being led away.

The mother of the deceased was lured with a huge dowry from the killer. The husband, the killer was charged for a life sentence by the court.

Image of the killer husband Mohammad Ali Halimi

1722222323368.png

Money is not everything when it comes to marriage. While the parents have a say in this. The final decision should be made by the child. Marriage is a life commitment.

Money is not everything when it comes to marriage. While the parents have a say in this. The final decision should be made by the child. Marriage is a life commitment.
I hope that mother is tortured by her conscience. Her daughter has negative feelings toward that guy but her mother forced her to marry that guy with a criminalistic minded person. Just imagine 6 weeks after their marriage her neck was slashed by the killer.

Yeez, whatd this, he slashed her throat with a kitchen knife. This is barbaric and this is a husband. He should be dealt with
The wife should have reported to the police on what she observed to her husband to avoid such tragic incident. The mother is idiot.

I hope that mother is tortured by her conscience. Her daughter has negative feelings toward that guy but her mother forced her to marry that guy with a criminalistic minded person. Just imagine 6 weeks after their marriage her neck was slashed by the killer.
Things like this is pretty common here in my country. Most times it might not even actually be for money, but due to peer pressure, they rush into the marriage, only to enter something else.

Things like this is pretty common here in my country. Most times it might not even actually be for money, but due to peer pressure, they rush into the marriage, only to enter something else.
My goodness, why are their parents like them? They should not pressure their children to marry the person not of their choice.

My goodness, why are their parents like them? They should not pressure their children to marry the person not of their choice.
I don't blame most parents tho, some are simply scared. Especially when they see others their children's age getting married, they tend to panic.

I don't blame most parents tho, some are simply scared. Especially when they see others their children's age getting married, they tend to panic.
Why do they panic when their children opt not to marry? That is the best option to stop over- population and poverty. In the Philippines,many do not marry . They do not like to see their children suffer hunger.

The wife should have reported to the police on what she observed to her husband to avoid such tragic incident. The mother is idiot.
Yes the mother needs to be heavily blamed here. She directly sent her daughter to this monster to kill

Yes the mother needs to be heavily blamed here. She directly sent her daughter to this monster to kill
The mother was attracted to the huge dowry. She should be jailed for many years side by alongside her killer son-in-law,

The mother was attracted to the huge dowry. She should be jailed for many years side by alongside her killer son-in-law,
That's right this will served as a deterrent to other very greedy and less sympathetic mother's. Why send your daughter to her untimely death

That's right this will served as a deterrent to other very greedy and less sympathetic mother's. Why send your daughter to her untimely death
That monster mother never felt remorse of her action. She's proud of having a huge dowry that brought her to jail. May her conscience torture her until she gets insane.

That monster mother never felt remorse of her action. She's proud of having a huge dowry that brought her to jail. May her conscience torture her until she gets insane.
Haha, parents do to always do better for their children especially the mother's. They need to guide their offsprings better

Haha, parents do to always do better for their children especially the mother's. They need to guide their offsprings better
That is right but not in the wrong hands like the fate of a daughter who was forced to marry the wrong guy which also led her to her fate in jail.

13,264Threads
99,343Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member