• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What advice would you give a newcomer to frugal living?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
To improve your finances, it can be of help to adopt a frugal lifestyle. If I'd give advice to someone who is new to frugal living, my advice would be to prioritize saving after paying your bills. Additionally, cooking your meals at home can be a great way to save money. However, it's important to remember that being frugal requires careful planning and consistency.

The only advice i will give to a newbie in frugal lifestyle is to be frugal as he suppose to be. Don't starve yourself because you want to save money. It is wrong and can harm your health.

You're right, Magnus. People shouldn't jeopardize their well-being just to cut down their expenses. There are other ways to save money that they can explore instead.

I have cut down on a lot of things but those that are wants and not needs. I live by just about what I need and is enough for me and those near me. I am trying this lifestyle and it is not an easy one. But I just have to endure because I know that it will eventually pay off shortly. After all, I will have more than enough but for now, I have to build.

So based on experience I will have to see that to live a frugal lifestyle it is a process and skill that one will have to acquire over time. So regardless you just need to be intentional because it will pay off in the later days.

The advice that I would give to someone who is a beginner to frugal living is to be sure that he or she doesn't let pressure to distract him or her from the goal. Social media comes with a lot of pressure when people display seemingly luxurious living. That can put you off edge and make you want to keep up too. If you want to be frugal, have a strong mindset.

To improve your finances, it can be of help to adopt a frugal lifestyle. If I'd give advice to someone who is new to frugal living, my advice would be to prioritize saving after paying your bills. Additionally, cooking your meals at home can be a great way to save money. However, it's important to remember that being frugal requires careful planning and consistency.
We can be frugal to some extent. We need some essential nutrients for our body which are becoming expensive day by day. So at times being frugal leads to malnutrition.

The first advice I would give to a newcomer to frugal living is not to save, but to change your lifestyle and mindset from a wasteful life to a frugal life, increase self-discipline and also the willingness to save, then they will take the next steps such as saving and investing .

The advice that I would give to someone who is a beginner to frugal living is to be sure that he or she doesn't let pressure to distract him or her from the goal. Social media comes with a lot of pressure when people display seemingly luxurious living. That can put you off edge and make you want to keep up too. If you want to be frugal, have a strong mindset.
It is good advice, Fidelia. It is important for people to keep in mind that the vast majority of social media is full of fake individuals. The things they come across on social media, such as frequent trips abroad, lavish purchases, etc., are not always true. Some people post these things to show off when, in reality, they may have actually taken out a loan or borrowed money from family or friends to appear rich online. Instead, it is better to concentrate on their saving goals and remain focused on the long-term rewards that come with being financially responsible.
Post automatically merged:

We can be frugal to some extent. We need some essential nutrients for our body which are becoming expensive day by day. So at times being frugal leads to malnutrition.
Yes, do not skimp on healthy foods, as they are good for your overall health and well-being. Plan your meals in advance to save time and money.

The first advice I would give to a newcomer to frugal living is not to save, but to change your lifestyle and mindset from a wasteful life to a frugal life, increase self-discipline and also the willingness to save, then they will take the next steps such as saving and investing .
That is helpful advice, Suba. It is a good idea to change your lifestyle first and instill self-discipline. Make sure to be consistent in saving and avoid temptations.

I will advice them to not only rely on savings but also have investments they can also rely on cause savings alone does not give you financial freedom.
Yay. That is correct, my friend. They should give top priority to investments as well if they want to improve their finances.

Last edited:
I would give this advice that you don't need to save on food. You may need funds, but if you save on food, it will only be worse for you

Sure, I agree that one should not skimp on food. Personally, I tend to eat only twice a day, not because I am trying to save money, but because it's been a habit of mine for many years. However, whenever my budget allows, I do indulge in snacks in between meals.

Anyone that is new to frugal living should be encouraged to be a friend of DIY. That person must be ready to be a quick learner that can easily learn to do things himself or herself.

The only advice i will give to a newbie in frugal lifestyle is to be frugal as he suppose to be. Don't starve yourself because you want to save money. It is wrong and can harm your health.
That's right the person should not starve self . Don't be a miser you need to spend with your sense intact

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member