• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What are the advantages of a stock split?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.474700
Referral Credit
As stock investors, of course we are all familiar with the term stock split. which we can interpret as a corporate action (issuer) dividing the nominal stock price according to a certain ratio (for example 1:3), so that the stock in circulation will increase/triple and the price per share will also fall to a third of the original stock price. In general, stock splits are carried out by corporations/issuers that have strong fundamentals but their stock prices have reached their highest point. So, in your opinion, what are the advantages of stock splits for both issuers and investors?

I have not experienced it. I am new to that term but for sure there's a good advantage of stock splitting.
You have stock, right? If you have 100 stocks at a price @ 30 per stock, then you have stock worth $ 3000. But the corporation that issued stocks at $ 30 is too high, so they do a 1:3 stock split. so you have 300 shares of stock with a value of $3000, and the price per stock will be $10. So retail investors are also able to buy stock at a price of $10. So one of the advantages of a stock split is that many people can own stocks.

That's absolutely true, the more people have stock, the trading volume will also increase, so that gradually the price will also be pushed up, meaning that if you, as a long-time stock holder, will benefit a lot.
I am planning to call my friend,the accountant to ask if there is an available stock to buy.I want to add.

12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member