• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What are your strategies for avoiding impulse buying?

Xtynehappy

Community Advocate
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.841075
Referral Credit
Most people have the problem for sticking with the budget they plan before going for the shopping in malls. For me l ensure that l carry the exact amount of money in correspondence to the budget and making sure that l strictly adhere with the shopping list.

Most people have the problem for sticking with the budget they plan before going for the shopping in malls. For me l ensure that l carry the exact amount of money in correspondence to the budget and making sure that l strictly adhere with the shopping list.
I too carry a amount that I may need if not extra. Of course now we can pay online so I rarely carry cash.

Impulsive buying behavior is a terrible addiction. I have suffered from impulsive for many years until i discovered a strategy to combat such horrible problem. I stopped using ATM card and stop going to night clubs. Now, i only buy what i need and nothing else.

A very simple strategy to avoid impulse buying, especially reducing the frequency of visits to the mall, and I rarely open mobile apps for shopping, unless there is a need for something I need. Online shopping is one of the scourge that causes shopping addiction.

I don't check online stores as much anymore. LOL. Whenever I go there, I am tempted to buy something. I'm just focusing more on forum websites and learning new skills.
it can happen both ways whether online or offline. it is good to try avoid going into stores with oot of cash you might be tempted to spend it

For me, the approach I take is to weigh all my needs and alternative uses for that funds when that urge to spend recklessly comes. Those alternative needs would always keep me in check not to be erratic.

When I was young with less financial responsibilities and not much discipline with finance, I will often go for indulgence and impulsive buying within my limits. But not any more. I have financial priorities abd obligations. I follow my budget strictly. With age and experience, I am more planned and clear with my financial goals. I strictly follow the list when out fir shopping. Yes, at times I do go for small indulgences like a luxurious vacation of spa etc. I consider that as a treat for myself that I deserve after all the hardwork.

Going out with a shopping list is a good way to avoid impulsive buying. Just make sure that you make the list that has only the things that you need and you stay focused on them. When you don't have a shopping list, you tend to wander around in the store and get tempted with things at sale or display. You end up impulsive buying. If you have shopping list, you are focused and finish the needed shopping soon and get out of the store.

impulse buying is a very common thing and to avoid that you need to not check online stores unless you need something plus do not buy things that you won't use that much you can buy something fun for yourself but some things are just useless
That's right it you don't need a thing at that time it isn't even wise to check it out or you would be tempted to buy

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member