• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

What do you fear about AI?

I wouldn't say it makes me scared but it does worry me that when AI becomes more advanced how many humans will lose their jobs due to what AI is capable of and how much companies would be able to save using AI instead of humans and paying a wage.

I wouldn't say it makes me scared but it does worry me that when AI becomes more advanced how many humans will lose their jobs due to what AI is capable of and how much companies would be able to save using AI instead of humans and paying a wage.
A Chinese gaming company appointed its AI bot as CEO, and the company has reported a 10 percent increase in stock valuation since then, and that will make other companies think about putting AI as a worker. and of course this will put some fear on the workers, because if their place is replaced by AI, then this will make many people miserable.

A Chinese gaming company appointed its AI bot as CEO, and the company has reported a 10 percent increase in stock valuation since then, and that will make other companies think about putting AI as a worker. and of course this will put some fear on the workers, because if their place is replaced by AI, then this will make many people miserable.
I agree, that there will be many who will lose their jobs and start to struggle financially, not only will it affect those who are losing their jobs but it will also affect their families which is a shame.

As humans, we can stay ahead of AI for some time but eventually, AI development will catch up and zoom ahead, for now, I do not think there is too much to worry about.

I agree, that there will be many who will lose their jobs and start to struggle financially, not only will it affect those who are losing their jobs but it will also affect their families which is a shame.

As humans, we can stay ahead of AI for some time but eventually, AI development will catch up and zoom ahead, for now, I do not think there is too much to worry about.
Indeed, it will significantly affect their families as well. It will take some time for those companies to replace us with AI, of course, but if they begin replacing workers and see positive results, they will undoubtedly replace all workers due to the cost-effectiveness and the fact that AI is free to use unless it requires maintenance.

My fear about AI is quite different from employment issues. I fear that language models like Chat GPT van be manipulated to generate ideas that can be potentially used to harm the world. Like codes that can be used to make nuclear weapons.
To be honest, this never came to mind till now. You are absolutely right; this will be the scariest thing ever.

That is one of my worries, to be honest. My current job is in writing, and I am concerned about how AI will affect it. In fact, it is already happening. The amount of work I receive each month has decreased dramatically.
True, there are many AI tools used for writing contents, but many online websites and forums don't like AI generated writings.

The only thing I fear about artificial intelligence is that with time they might make people loose value for graphic designers and editors, cause they feel they can do it themselves within minutes.

The only thing I fear about artificial intelligence is that with time they might make people loose value for graphic designers and editors, cause they feel they can do it themselves within minutes.
I saw a video where they used AI to complement pictures in photoshop, have you tried it yet? In my opinion, this will progress very soon and affect this category of people who are engaged in it

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member