What is the difference between USDT TRC-20 and USDT ERC-20?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.244700
Referral Credit
TRC20-USDT is a USDT stablecoin that runs on the TRON blockchain, so TRC20-USDT users must store, receive and send in/to the TRC20 Wallet. Meanwhile, ERC20-USDT is a stablecoin issued by Tether and runs on the Ethereum blockchain. Although the USDT issued on TRC20 and ERC20 are both identical, there are several key differences such as:
The Tron blockchain has high scalability so it can process 2,000 transactions per second, while the Ethereum blockchain often takes more than 1 minute per transaction.

I've never understood how these differences work, but I know enough to never send any coin from a different network to another as it will be lost.

This is very confusing for newbies who don't realize the dangers here, the implications of gas fees and transaction times.

I've never understood how these differences work, but I know enough to never send any coin from a different network to another as it will be lost.

This is very confusing for newbies who don't realize the dangers here, the implications of gas fees and transaction times.
Although specifically the difference between USDT TRC-20 and USDT ERC-20 lies in the blockchain, resulting in a different USDT address form, USDT TRC20 will always start with a T like TE7Bn2kNSig....., while USDT ERC20 addresses will start with the number 0 like 0x8d6F1....

12,012Threads
92,709Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member