• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

What is the ideal amount of memory a modern smartphone should carry now?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
It seems the demand for memory space in smartphones has been steadily increasing overtime. For some people, a 128 GB memory on a smartphone is no longer enough. How much memory space do you think a modern smartphone today should pack? I think 500 GB is enough. What of you?

When you are talking about 500GB, that is a PC standard. And I don't think one has so much information to save in phones up to that size. I might be wrong though but 100GB is enough for me.

Personally I don't there is an ideal amount these days, it is mostly based on preference. I know some persons who 64GB might be enough for them cause they don't download much. For me, 128GB won't even be enough If I decide to use it to my full capacity. Then again no matter how large the space of the phone might be, I will always need a memory card cause am always formatting my phone from time to time, so I normally move my important files to the memory card.

It all boils down to individual preference and the nature of work. I don't download much therefore 64GB is enough for me. As technology is advancing, soon we may have 500GB in smartphones.
With my kind of person and activities level, that 64GB would get full in a matter of just one month.

With my kind of person and activities level, that 64GB would get full in a matter of just one month.
I do store my important files in my email and Evernote. I think is farcmore better for security purpose and to make sure my phone is free from storage related problems.

When you consider that smartphones are getting more utility this days, there certainly is a need for more memory space to house files for some heavy apps like video and photo editing apps.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member