What is the Staple Food in your Country?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵3.506613
Referral Credit
Here in the Philippines, it is rice. Filipinos can hardly live without rice. It is possible for me not to eat rice but I will feel hungry after an hour or two. Plus, I can’t enjoy the delicious viands without it. Since I have been watching my food intake, I usually have black, brown or red rice. And if budget permits, Shirataki or Adlai rice.

Cassava is the stable food in most west Africa countries especially in Nigeria. Most families depend on cassava for survival. You can turn cassava into flakes called garri in Nigeria. Cassava can be converted to fufu by pounding.
Yeah I agree with you. I think we just love anything that's white bread, rice, yam, potatoes,pasta etc.

The staple food here is bread and rice. I don't think there's any household that don't go for these foods for both breakfast and dinner
Likewise. Rice is a staple food here in the country. Many households can't survive without eating rice. LOL. We even eat rice for breakfast which some people might find quite odd.
Post automatically merged:

When it comes to stable food in my country, we have a few. One of the most popular is eba, also known as swallow and it is gotten from cassava
yummy! Cassava sounds good to me. I haven't had one in a while!

Last edited:
Well, for here now in Nigeria we have the steeple food I garri the reason why am saying that is every one here like garri and the always eat it every day in their life and their living.

Rice is a staple cuisine in Nigeria and is typically eaten with a variety of savory and spicy accompaniments. Other commodities that are used in different traditional cuisines are maize, yams, and cassava.
Yes, I figured. I like cassava, too!!! It's been a while since I had one.

13,040Threads
98,120Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member