What's the legal age for sentencing a criminal in your country?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵6.595500
Referral Credit
What's the acceptable age for a criminal in your county to receive a court verdict? In my county, it was previously declared age 18 but the law was changed during the Duterte administration from age 18 down to age 9,but Congress opposed and voted for age 12 to be jailed. Parents cried fowl but police blotter reports showed heinous crimes done by youths. Before sentencing the juvenile criminals, they stay in the social services and after the verdict is announced by court, the young criminals stay behind bars. Who's to blame for the misguided youths? The answer is yours.

In my country the low stated that the lower age to be in jail is 16 but any age group will present in front of a court.
Young people this time are abusive and never afraid to commit a heinous crime. they are misguided youths, They need parental guidance,. They need love from their parents.

Young people this time are abusive and never afraid to commit a heinous crime. they are misguided youths, They need parental guidance,. They need love from their parents.
Some times those young kids are evil than any other person, i don't know what is in their mind but they fight each other nd they do some bad things to.

Some times those young kids are evil than any other person, i don't know what is in their mind but they fight each other nd they do some bad things to.
In my opinion, those kids were exploited by what they saw on TV, in videos, and on YouTube. Kids this time are skilled in the use of technology. They could learn faster than mature people.

In my country criminal law will be treated according to age, for children under 12 years of age, even if they are subject to a criminal article, they will not be imprisoned the same as adult criminals, children under 12 will be trained so that they have good behavior.

In my country criminal law will be treated according to age, for children under 12 years of age, even if they are subject to a criminal article, they will not be imprisoned the same as adult criminals, children under 12 will be trained so that they have good behavior.
That was before the law was changed, but during the Duterte administration, he wanted to jail the 9-year-old criminals. There are kids at this age who did a heinous crime like arson, but the Lower House opposed it, so instead of 9 years old, 12.

In my opinion, those kids were exploited by what they saw on TV, in videos, and on YouTube. Kids this time are skilled in the use of technology. They could learn faster than mature people.
You are 100% right, those kids learn faster and they watch a lots of things from TV and YouTube, and if they see bad things they will adopt those bad things, but if they see good things they will be good kids.

You are 100% right, those kids learn faster and they watch a lots of things from TV and YouTube, and if they see bad things they will adopt those bad things, but if they see good things they will be good kids.
Some kids are easy to be manipulated but if their parents interfere the kids could grow decent and righteous. They must be guided.

Some kids are easy to be manipulated but if their parents interfere the kids could grow decent and righteous. They must be guided.
Their parents need to involve, and teach them everything, the parents are responsible for their kids bad behavior.

Their parents need to involve, and teach them everything, the parents are responsible for their kids bad behavior.
Parents play vital roles ib molding the minds of their children so when they grow what instilled to the children will no longe depart from them.

In most countries it is usually as from the age of 18 and I believe it's still the same over here. In other advanced countries, they usually have a place where they detain younger ones who commit one crime or the other.

In most countries it is usually as from the age of 18 and I believe it's still the same over here. In other advanced countries, they usually have a place where they detain younger ones who commit one crime or the other.
In the Philippines Congress approved imprisonment of criminal from age 12. After that approval, no more youths squandering anywhere in the evening. They're afraid to commit a crime. There's a great impact of sentencing minor.

Parents play vital roles ib molding the minds of their children so when they grow what instilled to the children will no longe depart from them.
True, parents need to work on their children behavior when they are little kid, and those children will be good.

True, parents need to work on their children behavior when they are little kid, and those children will be good.
Kids this time are insanely exploited and manipulated by media, video, YouTube and peer, so parents must always remind and advise their kids not to abuse technology .

13,140Threads
98,729Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member