• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

When it comes to investment, are you a conservative type or a risk-taker?

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
Protecting one's principal is very important to conservative investors, who are also typically worried about market volatility. They are prepared to put up modest investment returns in order to prevent primary losses. The returns from conservative investments are usually lower than those from riskier ones. Conversely, investors who are risk-takers perceive potential in market fluctuations and take significant risks with the hope of achieving a substantial rate of return. They tend to gravitate toward riskier investments that carry a large potential for both profit and loss.

So, which type of an investor are you?

I am a conservative type, I dislike taking risks. I can protect my business or investment if I have this kind of attitude. It is not good to gamble, it's risky. There is no assurance of winning, whereas if we are conservatively dealing with our business, it is hard for others to manipulate us.

It depends i really watch my next move when it comes to investment plan, and some times i really need to be a conservative and i really need to hold my hands shorter, because some times being conservative will make me safer and i can't lose my investment many times.

When it comes to investments, i believe i am a little bit of both. I do take risk but at the same time i always try to understand and study the situation of things.

When it comes to investments, i believe i am a little bit of both. I do take risk but at the same time i always try to understand and study the situation of things.
True, we can't be only conservative investor or only risky investor, we need to consider both when we thing about investing and being profitable.

In practice, more people have a mixed risk profile, be it conservative or moderate, etc. However, we can see from the diversification of their investment portfolio which ones have more high risk or low risk. Personally, I choose high risk because it is full of challenges.

I don't even stretch too much in investments. I prefer to play it safe. I am very conservative with my investment choices. That's why high yield investments would never appeal to me because of high volatility.

I don't even stretch too much in investments. I prefer to play it safe. I am very conservative with my investment choices. That's why high yield investments would never appeal to me because of high volatility.
If you are classified as having a conservative risk profile then the best investment choices for you are gold, deposits, government bonds and property. So which investment instrument do you prefer?

If you are classified as having a conservative risk profile then the best investment choices for you are gold, deposits, government bonds and property. So which investment instrument do you prefer?
I would prefer property. I think to a large extent, that is really within what I can control. But I still do a little bit of crypto investments.

Am super conservative. I think this is one of the reason i have not hit it big. I wish i will increase my risk taking level. Am always cautious of losing my hard earned money though i know thst thr business will go through from my calculations. But I don't know what is holding me back?

In practice, no investor has a pure risk profile, such as only conservative or aggressive, but there are mixed risk profiles, perhaps between conservative and moderate or moderate and aggressive, etc. In my opinion, many very aggressive investors also have investment portfolios of bonds and securities that conservative investors should have, even though the percentage is small, between 20 and 30%.

12,094Threads
93,211Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member