• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

When Was The Last Time You Replaced Your Laptop?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.532563
Referral Credit
My old laptop was 6 years old and it had many issues so I decided to replace my laptop this year. I used my hard-earned money to buy one and it was worth it. My new laptop is working perfectly fine. It is fast and I can multitask. When was the last time you replaced your laptop?

It have been more than 5 years since i hold this laptop, i want to buy new one but its not on my short-term list.
If it is still working then it is a good idea to keep it for now. Maybe you can replace in the future.

I use mostly use my desktop and the smartphones for accessing the internet. I could not connect to the internet a few years ago, so I had purchased a cheap second hand laptop two years ago for testing and for use while travelling.

I don't replace my laptop but add. I have 4 laptops and use them alternately. The old one is 15 years old still very good not overused the next 8 years old, then 4 and 2 years old. I love all my laptops and kiss them before I sleep.

I have efficiently used my laptop for the last 4 years and I have relatively enjoyed it , but as my working capacity increased it became necessary that I upgrade to a system with a minimum requirement of 4gb ram, that's because I engage in a lot of graphic works, grateful I got a new one last week .

I have not purchased my own laptop. When I started with Bubblews, my roommate was so kind to allow me use his laptop. When he left, my brother allowed me to use his laptop. Today, my other brother is not using his laptop so I am the one using it. And it is still working fine except that I cannot use it unplugged.

My answer is never. The laptop I am using now is actually my first. It should be around four years since I started using it, though it was not brand new when I got it

Honestly, i have stop using laptop for more than five years now. All my online engagement is through my smartphone. Smartphone is flexible and mobile. I always love to work on the go
Yes, having a smartphone can come in handy in doing some online activities, particularly forum posting.
Post automatically merged:

My answer is never. The laptop I am using now is actually my first. It should be around four years since I started using it, though it was not brand new when I got it
It is good to know that your laptop is still doing well up to this day. :)

The last time I replaced it was in 2020, now I'm looking to replace it again, that is, to acquire a new one for this 2024.

The last time I replaced it was in 2020, now I'm looking to replace it again, that is, to acquire a new one for this 2024.

I hope you can buy a new one this year, Riberet. :) Which brands are you considering?

Ever since my Laptop got crashed last year l have never repaired it
I see. So, you can no longer use it? How old is your laptop?

I have had a laptop for a long time and I haven't changed it yet because then I bought one of the most powerful ones in order to work on it for a long time, but now it's not so fast

Are there many files stored on your laptop? Maybe you can have it checked to find out the issue.

My personal and offical are 5-6 years old. Personal is little older than business. Maybe for a year or two max.
It is good to hear that they are still functioning properly. I had to replace my laptop that I had been using for the past six years due to multiple issues that were affecting its performance.

I hope you can buy a new one this year, Riberet. :) Which brands are you considering?

I see. So, you can no longer use it? How old is your laptop?

Are there many files stored on your laptop? Maybe you can have it checked to find out the issue.

It is good to hear that they are still functioning properly. I had to replace my laptop that I had been using for the past six years due to multiple issues that were affecting its performance.
This is not exactly the problem because I only use the browser and two games. There is enough disk space, I think it's just running out of time

I try to upgrade my laptop every 3-4 years to keep up with the latest technology. The last time I replaced my laptop was about 18 months ago when I splurged on a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip. That thing is an absolute powerhouse! The battery life and performance are insane compared to my old Intel-based model. While not cheap, investing in a top-of-the-line laptop really pays off for my workflow and productivity.

I try to upgrade my laptop every 3-4 years to keep up with the latest technology. The last time I replaced my laptop was about 18 months ago when I splurged on a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip. That thing is an absolute powerhouse! The battery life and performance are insane compared to my old Intel-based model. While not cheap, investing in a top-of-the-line laptop really pays off for my workflow and productivity.
Yes, MacBooks are very powerful for online work and they can run many processes at the same time, and it is a pity that laptops cannot be upgraded like PS

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member