• We are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Donald Trump's rally today. Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Which is more lucrative between being an expert in computer hardware or software?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.460810
Referral Credit
Tech is the new cool and it is the most in demand industry in the world right now. People who are into tech are making good money. There are aspects of tech though which is broadly divided into hardware engineering and software engineering.

Which is higher paying and more lucrative between being an expert in software or hardware?

Almost every part of a operations that have to be done electronically has a specialized software for it. That invariably means that the demand for software is higher than the demand for hardware. That makes software expertise more lucrative.

This days I think compulsory software engineer now earn more compare to hardware engineer especially if employed in a good company

In my opinion, software development is more lucrative but you must be very good at it. Software development offer limitless opportunities in our age except you don't know what you are doing!
Software development demands that you give it lots of focus. It pays far more than hardware because of the level of difficulty involved.

Both experts earn good amount of money from their work, and yeah now a days peoples are more attracted to the software engineering, and that is because most software engineers can work from their home and they can work for more than two companies at the same time.

Tech is the new cool and it is the most in demand industry in the world right now. People who are into tech are making good money. There are aspects of tech though which is broadly divided into hardware engineering and software engineering.

Which is higher paying and more lucrative between being an expert in software or hardware?
I believe that in both areas, if the professional is good, you can have a good salary per month, every job is like this, the more you dedicate yourself and learn more things, your service is more valued.

I believe that in both areas, if the professional is good, you can have a good salary per month, every job is like this, the more you dedicate yourself and learn more things, your service is more valued.
Very true. If you have built yourself to a certain level of expertise in hardware or software, you would be paid very high too. I think both are very lucrative.

Software experts are likely to get good jobs in large companies, while most hardware repair stores offline are smaller businesses. So it depends on the career plans of the individual, whether they want to be employees, self employed or business owners.

Since hardware and software complement each other, they are equally lucrative. I know hardware engineers are very rich especially in the mobile computing industry.

10,470Threads
84,002Messages
269Members
Revolved101Latest member
Back