• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Which is one typical habit that keep people in financial mess?

Trush Jodie

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.017153
Referral Credit
The actions and things that we do always shape our financial lives. For some people, they have made some decisions that have hammered their financial lives. One of such actions is a person that has kids before having a financial stability.

Such action would keep the person in financial mess for a long time.

Buying luxury and trying to impress people by buying unnecessary items keep people under financial constrains.
This is one of the social constructs and mindsets that can keep people poor. The penchant to impress people. You see it expressed mostly in the purchase of fashion items.

You are right. Some people choose to have children even when they are facing financial hardships. I know someone who decided to have children even though she did not have a job. She depends solely on her mother, who is also facing financial struggles.

I have realized that most people are very extravagant and that's why they spend more than they earn.
That's true. They would love to buy the latest clothes instead of investing and saving money. There is no way such people would grow financially.

In my country (and the neighbor Argentina, sharing a similar culture), one of the typical habits plummeting one's finance is the 15 years old birthday party of a female teenager. There is a tradition pushing people to organize a party that looks like a luxury wedding party, including a bride dress. A party like that for the sake of a niece of mine, cost to my in-laws in one day the double of my entire second university degree. And whatever birthday party, especially children's birthday parties, has the habit to cost thousands. So you imagine...

12,094Threads
93,211Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member