WHO: Loneliness Is an Urgent Global Health Priority

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵14.589675
Referral Credit
In a global study conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO), the phenomenon of loneliness has become a disturbing threat to global health that will be a top priority to help individuals strengthen their social ties. Loneliness will not only affect a person's mental factors but is also an important factor in physical health. Someone who is lonely will be vulnerable to mental health such as isolation, anxiety, fear, depression, etc. Apart from that, loneliness can also have negative physical impacts such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, because loneliness often invites bad behavior such as smoking, drinking and style. unhealthy life. WHO is also worried that loneliness does not only occur in the elderly but at all ages.

We also recognize that the presence of the internet and smartphones has changed our lifestyle by limiting activities with the real world, reducing social interactions and physical distancing.

I don't know what they are saying but certified loners like us achieve our greatest peace when we are in the company of ourselves. I never believed that loneliness could be a natter if concern because I love to be lonely.
Maybe what you mean is that being alone doesn't mean being lonely, if you are alone you will concentrate more on doing various activities such as writing articles, painting etc. In contrast, people who are lonely will have nothing to do so they will daydream more.

I don't know what they are saying but certified loners like us achieve our greatest peace when we are in the company of ourselves. I never believed that loneliness could be a natter if concern because I love to be lonely.
Same here I alwsys even prefer my space and self than being with others. I love my peace and don't want unwanted and unnecessary distractions from others.

Loneliness impacts our well being. If there are lonely individuals, they need to be cheered especially the young people who feel and act that way if they are not always communicated by their parents. They feel empty and alone. I do agree what the WHO found out about the effects of loneliness. Loneliness kills.

Last edited:
We need to navigate our minds to something that delves into positivity. It does not mean that because we are alone we are lonely. It's absolutely incorrect. If tolerate loneliness then many will be mentally and emotionally sick.

13,267Threads
99,365Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member