Who should take primary custody of children in divorce?

I respect your opinion that the right person should be the mom, but I think for me it depends on who was at fault in the divorce or the reason for the divorce. Fathers are capable of raising kids too. We had neighbors before who separated, and the kids were under custody with their mom, and they were not taken care of properly. Sometimes they miss meals and even school. Months later, thank God, their father took them into his custody. They're teenagers now, and they grew up to be wonderful teens.

What if the mother is not doing well financially? I think that children should also stay where they have security, if mothers cannot take care of the children alone, perhaps being with the father is the best idea.

What's your opinion on this? Do you think the kids are better off with their father or mother in a case of divorce? I think the right person should be the mom. What do you think?
I am not married or divorced but from the society i can speek that divorce is the most bad thing for the children's and that will affect their psychological health, but if divorce is the only option the only way to decide for primary custody is to ask the children's they have to be with who they really want.

Though i would never agree for divorce but in such a situation i think the court is usually the one who decides who gets to take custody and one of their factor is based on how they feel is more qualified.

My point of view might be unconventional. It is better for a child to be raised by a single dad than a single mom. Go check the stats. More than half of male prison inmates in America were raised by a single mom. A child stands a better chance to grow into a better adult if raised by a single dad than a single mom.

What's your opinion on this? Do you think the kids are better off with their father or mother in a case of divorce? I think the right person should be the mom. What do you think?
Whichever partner is more capable of rearing and supporting the children should get the custody of the children in a divorce.

My point of view might be unconventional. It is better for a child to be raised by a single dad than a single mom. Go check the stats. More than half of male prison inmates in America were raised by a single mom. A child stands a better chance to grow into a better adult if raised by a single dad than a single mom.
The thing is that one that would be intentional with the kids should be with the kids it would help them

The thing is that one that would be intentional with the kids should be with the kids it would help them
The general truth is that moms are always too emotional to be great parents especially when it comes to single parenting. They are always too busy most times hating the baby daddy and such an atmosphere is not proper for the development of any child.

The general truth is that moms are always too emotional to be great parents especially when it comes to single parenting. They are always too busy most times hating the baby daddy and such an atmosphere is not proper for the development of any child.
Well, it is not all the mothers that do this. They are some that are really intentional about their kids and care for them. than transferring aggression

I also believe that children are always closer to the mother, but not all mothers are good and in such cases the child should be given to the father if he is better than the mother. In my opinion, a child should have a better childhood with the best of parents

13,139Threads
98,721Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member