Why are cashiers at supermarkets always standing?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵14.321225
Referral Credit
Every time I shop, whether at a minimarket or supermarket, when making payments at the cashier's desk, whether paying in cash or using an e-wallet and ATM, it turns out that the cashier doesn't sit or always stands when serving customers, even though I see there is a chair there, but why is the cashier always standing when serving customers?

Some employers require that from the cashier so the chair is a decoration nothing else, not intended for cashier use, you may not believe me but if you have relatives working in a supermarket it is up to the boss to decide if they use it or it is for decoration purpose.

I have been to some supermarket where the cashier actually sits, and only stands when the situation is called for, like handling multiple persons or going to sort out things.

I pity one cashier she's pregnant. I was worried of her situation standing while cashiering with a heavy belly. She better filed a leave.
If the cashier is pregnant, the manager should move the cashier to the administration section or provide leave/vacation, so that it does not harm the fetus in the womb.

If the cashier is pregnant, the manager should move the cashier to the administration section or provide leave/vacation, so that it does not harm the fetus in the womb.
Nah, if only the supervisor in charge not blind or insensitive. I saw the preggy cashier feeling tired. Her husband is a moron for letting his wife work. They better be together.

Nah, if only the supervisor in charge not blind or insensitive. I saw the preggy cashier feeling tired. Her husband is a moron for letting his wife work. They better be together.
If in a situation like this, where she has a supervisor who is blind and insensitive, then the husband should forbid his wife from continuing to work, it is better for her to stay at home and only the husband works.

If in a situation like this, where she has a supervisor who is blind and insensitive, then the husband should forbid his wife from continuing to work, it is better for her to stay at home and only the husband works.
There are sales supervisors here who do the monitoring and I don't know why she still allowed the cashier to do the cashiering. She should be transferred in an office.

13,202Threads
99,065Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member