• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why are most phone manufacturers using undetachable batteries now?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.018498
Referral Credit
I have observed that most phone brands are now making phones that users can't remove the battery. What could be the best reason why almost all the phone manufacturers have adopted that measure? Removable battery can help when phone hangs.

I have observed that most phone brands are now making phones that users can't remove the battery. What could be the best reason why almost all the phone manufacturers have adopted that measure? Removable battery can help when phone hangs.
It has become a total package now. Anyway when you buy new battery which is also expensive might as well buy a new phone.

Maybe to increase the sale of mobile phones. In the past people used to change battery when battery used to get damaged but now they have to change a phone if the battery doesn't work
I don't think this is accurate because the inbuilt battery can always be removed by a good engineer and another one fixed.

I was told by someone that works for Samsung that undetachable batteries make it easier to make very slim phones. Also, that undetachable batteries make it more difficult for a phone drop in water or liquid to damage the phone.

12,059Threads
92,984Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member