Why are some laptops taking a long time to start?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.095313
Referral Credit
Usually when I use a desktop or smartphone it will start within one minute and I can use it for doing work. In contrast when I start my laptop it is taking a very long time to start, usually 5 minutes or more. What is the reason for the long delay?

Usually when I use a desktop or smartphone it will start within one minute and I can use it for doing work. In contrast when I start my laptop it is taking a very long time to start, usually 5 minutes or more. What is the reason for the long delay?
This usually happens because the laptop's processor is inferior to that of a smartphone or notebook.

The laptop is obviously overloaded with apps and mostly heavy apps. It has to load the initialization of these apps and the operating system before it starts up. And it would take time to load.

Someone once said it's usually common when the laptop space is full, or in a situation where you upgrade it to a higher version which the laptop cannot fully carry, delayed booting can also occur.

The reasons might be anything. It can be slow processor, not enough memory space, very old laptop, some virus infection etc. You have to see what could be the cause. Try to free some storage space and see. Also, we need to keep updating our laptops regularly.

That was one of the issues I had with my old laptop. It takes a long time to start. I was unable to bring it to a computer technician since I needed to transfer files, and there are no nearby computer stores in the area where I currently live. Perhaps the culprit was the virus!

12,033Threads
92,819Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member