• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Why are some people scared to invest?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.564050
Referral Credit
It is a normal thing to feel scared once decide to enter the investment world. there will be uncertainties whether your investment will flourish or vanish into thin air. But if you are a skilled and knowledgeable investor, you will never be afraid as long as you keep your capital in the right place. but why are people scared to invest? Investing can cause valid and genuine fears for new investors. Even experienced investors can become scared at times. People make bad decisions, get carried away by emotions, and lose money because of situations outside of their control. If you've just started investing, you're getting into something new and unknown. It is best to invest small for first-timers to avoid a high fall. That small can step forward to the next level according to how you manage your investment.

In general, fear arises from ignorance or many people do not have knowledge and skills about finance and investment, so they cannot analyze so they only guess what will happen if prices fall or rise.
That could be a possible reason why some people are afraid to invest afraid to lose their money because they do not know, they lack skills. But they can attend a training in a mutual fund for example.

That could be a possible reason why some people are afraid to invest afraid to lose their money because they do not know, they lack skills. But they can attend a training in a mutual fund for example.
Of course, there are many reasons that can make some people afraid to invest, one of which is trauma, because they have been cheated on fraudulent investments, so they think that the investment world is also a fraud.

Of course, there are many reasons that can make some people afraid to invest, one of which is trauma, because they have been cheated on fraudulent investments, so they think that the investment world is also a fraud.
That is also a possible reason why some people are afraid to invest. Like my brother, he invested in gold mining and when he deposited the money, the person disappeared and his money was never recovered. It amounted to $ 400.

Losing their investment money is the most common reason why peoples fear to invest, even if they have proper knowledge and skill they fear to put their money on investments.
If someone has knowledge and skills in finance and the world of investment, they can measure their risk profile so they can choose safe types of investments such as government bonds, property and gold.

Losing their investment money is the most common reason why peoples fear to invest, even if they have proper knowledge and skill they fear to put their money on investments.
You are so right, it is not good to gamble impulsively on an investment if there is no knowledge. The money will disappear and go straight to the wrong hands.

Those farmers are experts on land, they are men of the soil so they can sense big opportunities to profit if invest on lands. My inherited property one hectare is rented by a big-time farmer and he becomes richer .

Those farmers are experts on land, they are men of the soil so they can sense big opportunities to profit if invest on lands. My inherited property one hectare is rented by a big-time farmer and he becomes richer .
Perhaps ancient people never studied investment directly either through courses or school, but they were disciplined and thrifty so they could buy land inch by inch. Although initially they were just land workers employed by their employers.

You are so right, it is not good to gamble impulsively on an investment if there is no knowledge. The money will disappear and go straight to the wrong hands.
Exactly, its hard to invest own money, and some peoples are too scared to put their money on investments, they rather choose to save their money in a bank than investing it.

Perhaps ancient people never studied investment directly either through courses or school, but they were disciplined and thrifty so they could buy land inch by inch. Although initially they were just land workers employed by their employers.
To invest on land is not hard as long as one can read and write. It's just a matter of commonsense and passion to become wealthy. One multi millionaire in my city only finished Grade 3,but he's a bright man. He bought lands while the prices were so low and after some years he sold them to big time businessmen in the Philippines like the Ayala Group of Companies and to the owner of SM in billion. His capital in buying was only $1,500.

I've lost more than I've gained investing money in the past five years, but I've taken it as a learning curve.

Some people can't take that loss well, so they eventually become skeptical and avoid the pain that will surely come if they invest in something.

I've lost more than I've gained investing money in the past five years, but I've taken it as a learning curve.

Some people can't take that loss well, so they eventually become skeptical and avoid the pain that will surely come if they invest in something.
That was so sad hoping you were able to recover your loses. I have invested a mutual fund but it didn't earn good interest after 6 years, so I withdrew my money and used it for a milk tea franchising which is doing good. It's one year old business next year. Everything happens for a reason.

12,059Threads
92,986Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member