• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Why are the Https websites seems to load so slowly?

Stardom22

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.000888
Referral Credit
The Https websites seems to load cells slowly compared to the http websites. I have realized that because l visit many websites.
In general, HTTP is faster than HTTPS due to its simplicity. In HTTPS, we have an additional step of SSL handshake unlike in HTTP. This additional step slightly delays the page load speed of the website. But this difference is in milliseconds; if the site has become slower to load, then most likely the problem is not HTTPS for that reason.

The Https websites seems to load cells slowly compared to the http websites. I have realized that because l visit many websites.
In general, HTTP is faster than HTTPS due to its simplicity. In HTTPS, we have an additional step of SSL handshake unlike in HTTP. This additional step slightly delays the page load speed of the website. But this difference is in milliseconds; if the site has become slower to load, then most likely the problem is not HTTPS for that reason.
Most browsers does no longer support anymore HTTP. Like for example you are talking about MP3 player or DVD saving on 2024. It is going to be deprecated more and more until full browser support removal. Not the reverse. A HTTPS becomes a must have for any webmaster site owner these days.

After upgrading my internet connection, I hardly notice any issues. Make sure that your browser is up-to-date and your server is properly configured to handle SSL connections.
The browser auto update himself and notify some apps for example works with opera and doesn't work with brave or reverse this is better practice for having multiple browsers.

11,643Threads
90,723Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member